Bielsa really grinds my gears
He's inflexible because he over prepares imo. He doesn't want to throw all the prep away. Does reams and reams of research but can't change if it's out of date - Big Dave and Graeme outfoxed him last season when they changed things a bit.

I'm a big fan of his though and I'm on record here as wanting him for us before they got him.
(02-27-2020, 10:57 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 10:51 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Since the start of 2020 Leeds have played 10 and won only 4 of those but more noticeably they have only scored more than 1 goal in 1 of those games. I haven't watched many of their games but are they missing loads of chances or is Bielsa just an trendy Megson?

The latter. Bamford works hard and does what Bielsa asks, but he’s a shocking finisher. Their big money January signing isn’t getting a look in as he’s completely unready for matches fitness wise...

If they’d signed Robinson instead it may well be a very different story...or actually bothered to play Nketiah!

I shudder to think what level of fitness you need to play for Bielsa.   If they had a better finisher than Bamford we wouldn't be having this thread but Bielsa is so stubborn, he won't consider it.  For me, Leeds appear to simply overwhelm the opposition with their energy, I don't see any subtlety or guile. He is a good manager, but certainly not a great one.