Red Button
Can you watch it through the Sky Sports website or does it have to be the app? I'm away tonight and I've only got an I phone and a laptop so would sooner watch it on the bigger screen.
(02-25-2020, 10:06 AM)Mr Jingles Wrote:
(02-23-2020, 06:33 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(02-23-2020, 05:14 PM)Idiodyssey Wrote:
(02-23-2020, 03:57 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Preston game is on Red Button.

Red button is shit. Its like watching something from the 1960s. Im baffled  why they can't do HD and use more than 1 camera. Sky should be shamed by it.

They offer these as an added extra. It’s probably dirt cheap to use a one camera, one commentator, no replays or production values system. 

It almost certainly wouldn’t be financially viable for them to go with the full production for every red button match.

Be grateful that you can even watch it.
I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find reference to it....can you record tonights game off the red button ?

Yes you can record it and THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO WATCH IT.
Go to channel 403 on your TV Guide.
Go to the Cardiff televised game tonight. 
Press the record button.
The Albion option comes up - programme starting at 7.55 pm - press record.
When the recording starts go to your Planner and watch it as it records.
This allows you to back wind if you want to see something again as the normal coverage does not have the replays as we discussed.
To catch up again just fast forward to the end of the recording (as it is taking place) and then start watching again.

(02-25-2020, 11:17 AM)UCEbaggie Wrote: Can you watch it through the Sky Sports website or does it have to be the app? I'm away tonight and I've only got an I phone and a laptop so would sooner watch it on the bigger screen.

App or Skygo only I think mate. Goal updates and replays are on the live match report on the website but a fair bit of time behind usually.
(02-25-2020, 11:17 AM)UCEbaggie Wrote: Can you watch it through the Sky Sports website or does it have to be the app? I'm away tonight and I've only got an I phone and a laptop so would sooner watch it on the bigger screen.

Can only watch it on the app, so your iPhone is your only option. Can watch it on iPad if you have one?
In the form of his life.
(02-25-2020, 11:08 AM)Wednesburybaggie Wrote: Can you record the red button games on virgin? Cant get the fugging night off work, so hoping this is an option.

Nope, unable to record via Virgin.
(02-25-2020, 12:22 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:

Can only watch it on the app, so your iPhone is your only option. Can watch it on iPad if you have one?

Can watch via Laptop, you need to download the skysports player and login.

https://www.skysports.com/videoplayer/instructions
(02-25-2020, 12:28 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote:

Nice. How long has this been a thing?
In the form of his life.
(02-25-2020, 12:30 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(02-25-2020, 12:28 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote:

Nice. How long has this been a thing?

A few seasons I think. Handy for when working away of course as will still work in Europe.
Genuine question.

Is the commentator actually at the game when it is on the red button ?
Press the button on off and go to the game ( only joking)
(02-25-2020, 12:40 PM)Supamart Wrote: Genuine question.

Is the commentator actually at the game when it is on the red button ?

If he's not, then he's got a better video feed than the fuggin Red Button, the cnut!