Red Button
Are we on it tonight?
Yes we are
Excellent. Ta.
https://www.skysports.com/football/readi...iew/409730

On Sky Red Button at about 7.55
What frickin annoys me about the Red Button, is I'm on Virgin and pay for Sky Sports HD, why is it Red Button games seem like they are being televised by a Fifa 97 camera (SD) with poor quality? I'm led to believe, if you are on Sky and have Sky Sports HD package, the Red Button games are show in HD for Sky customers - is this true?
(02-13-2020, 11:59 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote: What frickin annoys me about the Red Button, is I'm on Virgin and pay for Sky Sports HD, why is it Red Button games seem like they are being televised by a Fifa 97 camera (SD) with poor quality? I'm led to believe, if you are on Sky and have Sky Sports HD package, the Red Button games are show in HD for Sky customers - is this true?

No.
You only get HD red button if you have the new SKY Q boxes at extra cost.

The coverage is SD with no replays etc. The Sky man told me it is currently to do with band width availability.
Sometimes when there are fewer games one of them gets HD coverage but it is rare.
(02-13-2020, 12:03 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 11:59 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote: What frickin annoys me about the Red Button, is I'm on Virgin and pay for Sky Sports HD, why is it Red Button games seem like they are being televised by a Fifa 97 camera (SD) with poor quality? I'm led to believe, if you are on Sky and have Sky Sports HD package, the Red Button games are show in HD for Sky customers - is this true?

No.

The coverage is SD with no replays etc. The Sky man told me it is currently to do with band width availability.
Sometimes when there are fewer games one of them gets HD coverage but it is rare.
I've got Sky Q and the coverage is shit.
I have to watch it through the Sky Sports app on my iPad which never works at the best of times.
(02-13-2020, 12:06 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 12:03 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:

No.

I've got Sky Q and the coverage is shit.

I am going by the blurb they sent me as I have Sky Sports HD too but they were using it as a selling point to me. 

'All the games will have commentary and for those who have Sky Q, the games will be available in HD.'

You would know though KKC. I couldn't afford it anyhow.

I pay for the Sky Sports Now TV pass, which is owned and run by Sky, and I don't have access to it either.