About to hit the half way mark in the season.....
(12-17-2019, 04:56 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 02:36 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Great stattage there! thank you.

I'm just surprised that we're so close to overtaking last season's goal tally! I admit I was one of the biggest doubters that we would score enough to challenge this season. Although we'll need 5 in the next game to keep up with last year's next match...
Difference this season is there was no faith in the defending- it was probably the system and I recall we tended to blow teams away in spells and not look very good at other times. 
I think what the recent weeks are also proving is there doesn't look like being someone likely to get a run together to challenge us or Leeds. this plus the points on the board gives a lot of wriggle room should we hit a wobbly spell or two.

*waggle* room Shirley? Smile
Love how the goals are shared around; Austin, Phillips, HRK, Periera, Grady, etc. If you are the defence, who do you try to take away? Makes us impossible to defend. Moving to the PL, I still am a little worried about the defending. 25 goals against Championship sides, what will happen when we face Salah, Mane, Kane, Vardy, etc.
(12-17-2019, 08:25 PM)scotbaggie Wrote: Love how the goals are shared around; Austin, Phillips, HRK, Periera, Grady, etc. If you are the defence, who do you try to take away? Makes us impossible to defend. Moving to the PL, I still am a little worried about the defending. 25 goals against Championship sides, what will happen when we face Salah, Mane, Kane, Vardy, etc.

You could spend £100m on a new defence and still struggle against those, if you consider the attacking line ups of Southampton Villa Brighton Burnley I see no massive problems.
Not sure if any saw this on Quest sat but so far this season from loosing positions we have gained 20pts, now that's impressive.
For the opponent scoring first, we are well at the top in terms of points gained. We have an average of gaining 1.82 points when conceding the first goal. The next best average is 1.11 with Swansea. Based on those averages, it wou suggest that scoring the first goal would give you a huge advantage. Especially against Leeds who have an average of 0.25 (4th bottom).