About to hit the half way mark in the season.....
......and what a first half it's been.
Top of the league.
Best football since Mowbray's days, but a stronger squad, making promotion seem highly likely barring an absolute meltdown.
Seem to have the best manager since Hodgson too.
Best talent in Pereira many of us have seen since Laurie.
Goals galore. 
Only 1 defeat, which is the lowest I recall so far into the season.
Can those party to stats comparisons show how we've done half way compared to other promotions and the general trend.
All I know is, apart from a first few weeks when we were still getting into the groove, it seems to be stronger we are getting.
As I said earlier situations like Diangana and Ferguson will play themselves out and we have to trsut the club gets it right- so far they've given us plenty of reason to believe they'll do the right thing. 
Happy days as Christmas arrives.
(12-17-2019, 10:24 AM)Rom Wrote: https://brummieroadender.com/season-comp...2-games-2/

Cheers Rom. good little read- now back to work.
(12-17-2019, 10:14 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: ......and what a first half it's been.
Top of the league.
Best football since Mowbray's days, but a stronger squad, making promotion seem highly likely barring an absolute meltdown.
Goals galore. 
Can those party to stats comparisons show how we've done half way compared to other promotions and the general trend.
All I know is, apart from a first few weeks when we were still getting into the groove, it seems to be stronger we are getting.
As I said earlier situations like Diangana and Ferguson will play themselves out and we have to trsut the club gets it right- so far they've given us plenty of reason to believe they'll do the right thing. 
Good post, totally agree. Having said that with the exception of the Charlton game, we have had more than our fair share of good luck.
(12-17-2019, 10:24 AM)Rom Wrote: https://brummieroadender.com/season-comp...2-games-2/

Some good stats there
Those stats produce some even more surprising stats, in 2008 we dropped 32 points in the final 24 games and won the title, in 2018 we dropped 31 points and finished fourth.
We have only dropped more points in the final 24 games than the title season ( 38 ) once, that was 2000/2001.
Unsurprisingly, the least we have dropped is that great season 2001/2002 ( 21 ).
At the end of the day there is no rhyme or reason to this promotion lark.
My recollection of 2001/02 was the lack of pressure we seemed to feel during that run-in as the gap continued to close - club and supporters alike. Maybe I'm looking back through rose-tinted specs, but it just seemed like one extended laugh right through to the end.

For us, at least.
Great stattage there! thank you.

I'm just surprised that we're so close to overtaking last season's goal tally! I admit I was one of the biggest doubters that we would score enough to challenge this season. Although we'll need 5 in the next game to keep up with last year's next match...
(12-17-2019, 02:36 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Great stattage there! thank you.

I'm just surprised that we're so close to overtaking last season's goal tally! I admit I was one of the biggest doubters that we would score enough to challenge this season. Although we'll need 5 in the next game to keep up with last year's next match...
Difference this season is there was no faith in the defending- it was probably the system and I recall we tended to blow teams away in spells and not look very good at other times. 
I think what the recent weeks are also proving is there doesn't look like being someone likely to get a run together to challenge us or Leeds. this plus the points on the board gives a lot of wriggle room should we hit a wobbly spell or two.
We've been shit and need to improve massively. Losing to Leeds is unacceptable.

Slaven needs to get his act together ASAP!!
Clarnet v2.0
(12-17-2019, 11:03 AM)Supamart Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 10:14 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: ......and what a first half it's been.
Top of the league.
Goals galore. 
Good post, totally agree. Having said that with the exception of the Charlton game, we have had more than our fair share of good luck.
Doesn't that go hand in hand with being top, with the reverse true when you're at the bottom? Just how it goes, fella.