ferguson
I’m sure on the sky commentary today I heard one of them say he could be playing in different colour stripes for a big European side, did anyone else pick it up?
(12-14-2019, 11:44 PM)Sotv Wrote: I’m sure on the sky commentary today I heard one of them say he could be playing in different colour stripes for a big European side, did anyone else pick it up?

Yes but it’s been well reported over the past month that both Juventus and Athletico Madrid want him, which would enable him to go for £235k in the summer, hence we need to sell him in January
(12-14-2019, 11:44 PM)Sotv Wrote: I’m sure on the sky commentary today I heard one of them say he could be playing in different colour stripes for a big European side, did anyone else pick it up?

Was at the game so didn’t hear that but AC Milan have been watching him.
(12-14-2019, 11:41 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 11:34 PM)Cuzer Wrote: I commented last week I’d picked up real negative vibes about the Ferguson situation, after previously being confident he would stay

If what was told turns out to be true he will leave, very much agent driven and the sort of contract he feels he can get for him

I’m still hoping there is a change of heart and he stays as this is the best place for him and if the athletic story is correct at 20k a week it’s a fair offer

Cuzer
His form has dropped without a doubt. Whatever the reason he's done well to start today. Impressed again with Furlong today
Am convinced he’s off.   Would have signed the deal on the table by now otherwise. 

Anything north of £10m and we take it and move on.

(12-14-2019, 11:40 PM)quintonbaggie Wrote: Much prefer to have a young player developed by Albion

But if he wants to go right now - and lets be honest, he has not been at his best since the red card then in Jan let Slav/Dowling find a replacement.

Daresay n some Cov pub someone is having the same chat about McCullum.

I think McCullum will be here in January
Good - he looks a real prospect and a good lad. 

With Ferguson I/we cant be too naive and think local lads will stay with their local mid-sized English club considering they could be millionaires and set them and their extended families up for life with one contract elsewhere.

The extra TV cash means big clubs are increasingly likely to gamble on these teenagers cos we'll only screw them in another 2 years time if he does turn out to be any good.
(12-14-2019, 11:50 PM)Dumbo Wrote:

Nixon has just reported exactly that a few minutes ago.
If his head has been turned and he has one eye on a move elsewhere etc, get rid while we can still get an half decent fee, we've all seen what happens when you keep an unhappy unmotivated player here to long.
(12-14-2019, 11:53 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 11:50 PM)Dumbo Wrote:

Nixon has just reported exactly that a few minutes ago.
When performances drop then its best for everyone to move them on grab what cash you can and reinvest it in the side.

Breaks my heart tbh as my perfect team would be the  Albion version of the Lisbon Lions
It will be a massive loss to the club for his 'potential' as a player and like others that have moved away, a blow for the progression of the youth policy.
However the immediate importance is promotion.
His performance of the last few games makes him barely worth his place whether through a loss of form or his head being turned.
Lets not do another Berahino here. If he wants to sign great - if he doesn't fuck him off with the best deal we can and regretfully search out a replacement.
Either way he will end up like Brown/Dhanfda/Sinclair etc playing as journeymen not established players - at levels much lower than they should be playing.
Anyone who thinks he is remotely close to getting even a bench at Atletico or Juve is deluded but it appears his agent is one of them.
(12-14-2019, 11:41 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 11:34 PM)Cuzer Wrote: I commented last week I’d picked up real negative vibes about the Ferguson situation, after previously being confident he would stay

If what was told turns out to be true he will leave, very much agent driven and the sort of contract he feels he can get for him

I’m still hoping there is a change of heart and he stays as this is the best place for him and if the athletic story is correct at 20k a week it’s a fair offer

Cuzer

Am convinced he’s off.   Would have signed the deal on the table by now otherwise. 

Anything north of £10m and we take it and move on.

(12-14-2019, 11:40 PM)quintonbaggie Wrote: Much prefer to have a young player developed by Albion

But if he wants to go right now - and lets be honest, he has not been at his best since the red card then in Jan let Slav/Dowling find a replacement.

Daresay n some Cov pub someone is having the same chat about McCullum.

I think McCullum will be here in January
With him out of contract, I would be amazed if anyone offered £10M. 

I reckon it will be a toss up between cashing in, or running the  contract down
If he won't sign fuck him off asap.

I said the same about Harper.

Who do these twats think they are?

We are Albion.