The thread on Romaine Sawyers
(11-13-2019, 09:44 AM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 08:54 AM)Peachy Wrote: Pre injury Texiera was a quality player. Could have easily graced the lower echelons of the premier league imo.

Ajeyi is easily a premier league player from everything I've seen up until now. I think he will step up when/if we are promoted.

Texeira definitely made a few appearances for us in the Prem. Came off the bench at Stoke and should've squared to Miller for a tap-in to make it 1-0 but elected to shoot instead, before we inevitably slipped to a 1-0 defeat courtesy of a Mama Sidibe header.

Ah so he did. Fuck me my memory is awful!  Big Grin
I'd also argue that Stuart Naylor in his pomp was a better keeper than quite a few of the keepers in Div 1 at the time.

<edit>

Just remembered I think he played a few games for us in our relegation in 86. Played the rest of his career outside the top flight though.
I remember Naylor getting stick off the Dings at their place once. He ignored them for a while then he snapped and bellowed some abuse back at them. They soon stfu. Made me jump a bit tbh
(11-13-2019, 11:19 AM)Baggiejacko Wrote: I remember Naylor getting stick off the Dings at their place once. He ignored them for a while then he snapped and bellowed some abuse back at them. They soon stfu. Made me jump a bit tbh

No one fucked with bruiser!