The thread on Romaine Sawyers
and the discussion as to whether he could be a good premiership player, made me think who is the best footballer to have played professionally in England, but never played in the highest league (i'll have none of this there was nothing before the premiership nonsense).

From an Albion perspective, possibly Paul Mardon?

I use to watch a lot of Walsall when they were managed by Alan Buckley and thought some of their lads could have made played at a far higher level - Gary Childs was one such player.

Possibly the obvious answer is Steve Bull.

On Romaine Sawyers I suspect one of the reasons why he has yet to play in the premiership is that he has only recently switched to his best position.
Steve Bull did make a top flight appearance...
(11-13-2019, 08:24 AM)CA Baggie Wrote: Steve Bull did make a top flight appearance...

Thought it was 2 for West Bromwich Albion.
(11-13-2019, 08:24 AM)CA Baggie Wrote: Steve Bull did make a top flight appearance...

Yes he did, I was their for one of them. Getting old, memory not so good...
Enzo.

(Yes I know he played in top leagues elsewhere but never in this country)
Pre injury Texiera was a quality player. Could have easily graced the lower echelons of the premier league imo.

Ajeyi is easily a premier league player from everything I've seen up until now. I think he will step up when/if we are promoted.
Lee Trundle?

I also thought Andy Hessenthaler was a decent player and don't think he ever played top flight. Did Jimmy Quinn ever play in the top division? If not he'd be a good shout
Did Peschisolido ever play in the Prem?
Not sure about Marion, to me was one of those classic Centre halves who was great for 89 minutes, always had a rocket in him, ah la Matt Carbon

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(11-13-2019, 09:01 AM)Cuzer Wrote: Not sure about Marion, to me was one of those classic Centre halves who was great for 89 minutes, always had a rocket in him, ah la Matt Carbon

Cuzer

Marion Rocket.... Big Grin