Rogers FFS
(07-08-2019, 03:57 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Point is Remi...Morgan is lifelong WBA fan, as are his parents. If we can’t keep morgan we have zero chance with anyone else.

This ^^^

I've a mate whose son(11) is quite a promising player, my mate (a Seal unfortunately), has got his son playing for a team that he knows our academy watches (I think they even get to use the Academy pitches). As my mate says the Albion Academy is the one to get in around here. It's just such a bloody shame that the only way out seems to be to go to Barcelona or Man City...Hmmm Put like that, you can see why parents want their kids at our academy. Just can't see the club seeing it as financially viable unless we get some decent money for Morgan (my guess will be £1.5m)
(07-08-2019, 04:01 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(07-08-2019, 03:57 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Point is Remi...Morgan is lifelong WBA fan, as are his parents. If we can’t keep morgan we have zero chance with anyone else.

This ^^^

I've a mate whose son(11) is quite a promising player, my mate (a Seal unfortunately), has got his son playing for a team that he knows our academy watches (I think they even get to use the Academy pitches). As my mate says the Albion Academy is the one to get in around here. It's just such a bloody shame that the only way out seems to be to go to Barcelona or Man City...Hmmm Put like that, you can see why parents want their kids at our academy. Just can't see the club seeing it as financially viable unless we get some decent money for Morgan (my guess will be £1.5m)

Club can’t do anything mate. He hasn’t signed professional terms. He turns 17 at end of the month. We will get more money than Barry. But it’s gutting to lose a player who IMO can be as good as Dele Alli
Why not financially viable though?

They'd love to make £200 on Barry when he's 19 but realistically even the £225k will more then cover his years in the academy.

The dosh from Fat Arse to Stoke will have the whole place covered and fingers crossed Harper will eventually earn us some more.

All that needs addressing is the path into the first XI - which judged on the last few seasons has been improving.
(07-08-2019, 04:12 PM)MGalea Wrote: Why not financially viable though?

They'd love to make £200 on Barry when he's 19 but realistically even the £225k will more then cover his years in the academy.

The dosh from Fat Arse to Stoke will have the whole place covered and fingers crossed Harper will eventually earn us some more.

All that needs addressing is the path into the first XI - which judged on the last few seasons has been improving.

The point is though that it's not £225k we've invested in him, the nets are cast very wide nowadays and there are loads of kids involved with only a few coming to fruition. OK, for some down the lower reaches of the pyramid the parents will probably be contributing but there are a lot of people who need to be paid plus all the other overheads. It's just another proof of how out of touch the FA are that nothing is done about it with regards to setting a decent level of revenue for the clubs who run academies. We all know FFP is like a big chunk of Swiss cheese with regards to loopholes anyway but shouldn't making money developing youngsters instead of spending hand over fist for overseas talent be something to be encouraged? 

Another example of Lancaster Gate fuckwittery is that of sins-bins for dissent in grassroots football. Great idea all-round (if implemented by refs) but not adopted by top-level football because the FA doesn't see it as an issue there. As if nippers miss the constant swearing and back-chat to refs on matchdays where it then gets replicated on local playing fields, FFS sake.
(07-08-2019, 04:07 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(07-08-2019, 04:01 PM)MassDebater Wrote:

This ^^^

Club can’t do anything mate. He hasn’t signed professional terms. He turns 17 at end of the month. We will get more money than Barry. But it’s gutting to lose a player who IMO can be as good as Dele Alli

And there in lies the problem. We are totally powerless to stop this.

There needs to be a fairer compensation that'll deter the big clubs and a chunky sell on clause.
This has nothing to do with the club showing a path into the first team. This is just young players and their families chasing the money. Regardless of the excuses young players have a far better chance of breaking into our squad than Man City, Barca etc. If they want to be dragged around the loan system until there early twenties and then good for them.
Shut the bl00dy thing down now! What a load of garbage eh.
Do we now never even get to see a few years of the potential stars of you kids in the Team.
We get left with at best mediocrity that are not real use to us apart from cheap squad fillers or lower division fodder.
He hasn't gone yet, never know.
(07-08-2019, 03:14 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Comparisons with Dele Ali, I'd say that goes to his hair do.

As an aside, will we even have any Academy players left come the start of the season? No first team and no Academy, could be an interesting first XI!

Oh we still have the mediocrity academy players mirroring what we have shaping up for the first team like HRK.

(07-08-2019, 04:44 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: He hasn't gone yet, never know.

Oh we do !

(07-08-2019, 04:12 PM)MGalea Wrote: Why not financially viable though?

But nothing of real note to benefit the first team bar about a dozen good games amongst the current crop in the last three years !
Have to agree with the general theme, compensation is pitifully low and this has to be addressed for the good of the national team. How can England ever produce top, top players when they are hoovered up by the top 6 then allowed to stagnate as their club pays millions for it's regular first team squad? This is England's problem, (Although I see it purely from an Albion perspective).