Congrats Jurgen
(06-02-2019, 11:12 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 10:43 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 09:49 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 08:48 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 08:14 AM)Hopalong Wrote: And to think we beat both of these clubs last year  Huh   

Really not that good are they? 

Spurs lost 19 games last season and Poch is being lauded as some kind of genius - laughable.  I think he's going to need to break that team up a little.  Wouldn't surprise me if he goes to Juventus. Good time to get out.

You seem to be struggling with a fairly basic concept here Athers. Here are a few reasons why Poch is so highly regarded. He made the top four and CL Final this season despite:

Only signing one player in the last three windows.

All of their rivals spending considerably more than them.

Not having a home ground for most of the season.

Having 9 of their first team get to the last four of the World Cup last summer and subsequently being knackered this season.

Losing their only world class striker for large chunks of this season to injury.

All in all he hasn’t done a bad job really.

He's a very good manager but not the best in the world. 

That's Bielsa - according to Pep.

Who’s saying he’s the best in the world?

Lots of people...keep up!

Such as?
(06-02-2019, 11:30 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 09:49 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 08:48 AM)Duffers Wrote: You seem to be struggling with a fairly basic concept here Athers. Here are a few reasons why Poch is so highly regarded. He made the top four and CL Final this season despite:

Only signing one player in the last three windows.

All of their rivals spending considerably more than them.

Not having a home ground for most of the season.

Having 9 of their first team get to the last four of the World Cup last summer and subsequently being knackered this season.

Losing their only world class striker for large chunks of this season to injury.

All in all he hasn’t done a bad job really.

He's a very good manager but not the best in the world. 

Such as?

Levy, Emery, Cundy, Mrs Poch and Big Daddy Cool for starters....plus thousands of Spurs fans.  Quite a few Spurs players too I would have thought.

There's a lot of he's the best 'pound for pound' out there in the media/social media along the lines of some of what you were saying. 

He makes too many mistakes for me and doesn't seem to have a plan B if things go wrong. 

Kane was a big mistake last night (easy to say in hindsight) and should have been on the bench, in my view.  Poch says the decision was based on 'analytics' and he stood by it.   How it explained that to Moura who scored a hatrick in the 2nd leg of the semi I've no idea. Moura wasn't listening to Poch when he came on - deft him out.  I don't think Kane could have had too many complaints had he been on the bench. 

In the scenario before him he could then have brought Kane and Llorente on for the last half an hour if they were still losing but even then he only gave Llorente 10 minutes when he had caused mayhem against Ajax in the 2nd leg.  Spurs never turned up and Poch has to take accountability for that.  Liverpool were there for the taking....Klopp was clearly a very relieved man afterwards as they were shockingly poor.
(06-02-2019, 12:27 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 09:49 AM)Hopalong Wrote: He's a very good manager but not the best in the world. 

Such as?

Levy, Emery, Cundy, Mrs Poch and Big Daddy Cool for starters....plus thousands of Spurs fans.  Quite a few Spurs players too I would have thought.

There's a lot of he's the best 'pound for pound' out there in the media/social media along the lines of some of what you were saying. 

He makes too many mistakes for me and doesn't seem to have a plan B if things go wrong. 

Kane was a big mistake last night (easy to say in hindsight) and should have been on the bench, in my view.  Poch says the decision was based on 'analytics' and he stood by it.   How it explained that Moura who scored a hatrick in the 2nd leg of the semi I've no idea. Moura wasn't listening to Poch when he came out - deft him out.  I don't think Kane could have had too many complaints had he been on the bench. 

In the scenario before him he could then have brought Kane and Llorente on for the last half an hour if they were still losing but even then he only gave Llorente 10 minutes when he had caused mayhem against Ajax in the 2nd leg.  Spurs never turned up and Poch has to take accountability for that.  Liverpool were there for the taking....Klopp was clearly a very relieved man afterwards as they were shockingly poor.

So people connected with Spurs think their guy is the best?

Right.
I said Klopp was best manager in the world. Poch is close though.
(06-02-2019, 12:45 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: I said Klopp was best manager in the world. Poch is close though.

Sorry thought you said Poch.

(06-02-2019, 12:30 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 10:43 AM)Duffers Wrote: Who’s saying he’s the best in the world?

Such as?

Kane was a big mistake last night (easy to say in hindsight) and should have been on the bench, in my view.  Poch says the decision was based on 'analytics' and he stood by it.   How it explained that Moura who scored a hatrick in the 2nd leg of the semi I've no idea. Moura wasn't listening to Poch when he came out - deft him out.  I don't think Kane could have had too many complaints had he been on the bench. 

Right.

You said "such as" and I answered you.  

Cundy's not, Emery's not.
I disagree regarding Poch not having a Plan B. He's one of the best managers in regards to in game management. I've seen plenty of Spurs games where he's changed it at half time or made some tactical changes that have earned them a result.
(06-02-2019, 07:53 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 12:45 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: I said Klopp was best manager in the world. Poch is close though.

Sorry thought you said Poch.

(06-02-2019, 12:30 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 11:12 AM)Hopalong Wrote: Lots of people...keep up!

Such as?

Right.

You said "such as" and I answered you.  

Cundy's not, Emery's not.

Is that Jason Cundy the former Spurs player?