Opened talks with Cowley
(05-22-2019, 01:20 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 08:34 AM)Dumbo Wrote: ‘Cowley’s have done a fantastic job at Lincoln and deserve chance to manage at higher level, but would question how some club’s fans would react to the style of football, if WBA think Pulis played ugly it’s nothing compared to how Cowley’s teams play!’

Whoever said that cannot possibly have seen a Pulis side play for any length of time. We’d have to start playing three keepers for it to be worse than that twat.

Big Grin
Derek Hardballs. Are you Pulis in disguise? Or do you enjoy watching shit football every week.
Are there any League Two clubs trying to play like Barca?

If so, how are they getting on? Big Grin
Nursey (who is normally always complete wrong) says Houghton want's a break so we're going for Cowley.
#wbafc will talk to Bruno Labbadia about Head Coach position later this week. He’s keen on caching in England and sees WBA as gateway to Prem Lg. Wages may be an issue -as they are for Chris Hughton. Concerns re Danny Cowley within club that this may be too big a step up for him.
(05-22-2019, 07:02 PM)Dumbo Wrote: #wbafc will talk to Bruno Labbadia about Head Coach position later this week. He’s keen on caching in England and sees WBA as gateway to Prem Lg. Wages may be an issue -as they are for Chris Hughton. Concerns re Danny Cowley within club that this may be too big a step up for him.
So Jenko has to either pay the fucking money, or accept the best that will fit the budget.

The new coach wont be on £55K a week, so I'm more annoyed if we accept second best on this. The coach is key to a good season.
(05-22-2019, 07:19 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 07:02 PM)Dumbo Wrote: #wbafc will talk to Bruno Labbadia about Head Coach position later this week. He’s keen on caching in England and sees WBA as gateway to Prem Lg. Wages may be an issue -as they are for Chris Hughton. Concerns re Danny Cowley within club that this may be too big a step up for him.
So Jenko has to either pay the fucking money, or accept the best that will fit the budget.

The new coach wont be on £55K a week, so I'm more annoyed if we accept second best on this. The coach is key to a good season.

+1
(05-22-2019, 12:26 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 08:34 AM)Dumbo Wrote: ‘Cowley’s have done a fantastic job at Lincoln and deserve chance to manage at higher level, but would question how some club’s fans would react to the style of football, if WBA think Pulis played ugly it’s nothing compared to how Cowley’s teams play!’

Not sure that matters too much - as long as there are some fugging shots at goal at the end of the process

Spot on Manc. I distinctly remember Di Mateo's first interview when appointed. He was asked what style he preferred and he answered "a winning style as that's all that matters".

People put far too much emphasis on style of play. It's all bollocks. There are litterally 100's of successful sides in the last decade all playing different styles.

Weigh up the squad and play to their strengths is what I say.
(05-22-2019, 07:27 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 12:26 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:

Not sure that matters too much - as long as there are some fugging shots at goal at the end of the process

Spot on Manc. I distinctly remember Di Mateo's first interview when appointed. He was asked what style he preferred and he answered "a winning style as that's all that matters".

People put far too much emphasis on style of play. It's all bollocks. There are litterally 100's of successful sides in the last decade all playing different styles.

Weigh up the squad and play to their strengths is what I say.

As I said the other day, style isn’t the issue. I just want to see what us actually try to win matches.
Style is an issue. Otherwise Pulis would be loved as the results he got here were good until the last few months.

I don't want another shit hoof ball manager coming in. There are plenty of talented modern coaches who would love to be managing Albion.

I want us to play football the right way. Attacking quick football.