Opened talks with Cowley
(05-22-2019, 09:33 AM)TartanRug Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 08:34 AM)Dumbo Wrote: ‘Cowley’s have done a fantastic job at Lincoln and deserve chance to manage at higher level, but would question how some club’s fans would react to the style of football, if WBA think Pulis played ugly it’s nothing compared to how Cowley’s teams play!’

Where was that from?

Lincoln fan on twatter.
(05-22-2019, 09:58 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 08:34 AM)Dumbo Wrote: ‘Cowley’s have done a fantastic job at Lincoln and deserve chance to manage at higher level, but would question how some club’s fans would react to the style of football, if WBA think Pulis played ugly it’s nothing compared to how Cowley’s teams play!’

Where was that from?

Lincoln fan on twatter.

Arf  Big Grin  

The interview with him I’ve read suggests he plays to the strengths of the players he has so maybe he’s just a coach with a brain not a philosophy?
(05-22-2019, 10:55 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Where was that from?

Lincoln fan on twatter.

Arf  Big Grin  

The interview with him I’ve read suggests he plays to the strengths of the players he has so maybe he’s just a coach with a brain not a philosophy?

I always read 'plays to the strengths of the players' as another way of saying, can't be bothered to improve these players as it sounds too much like hard work.

Where was that from?

Lincoln fan on twatter.

Arf  Big Grin  

In an interview with us, I would imagine that he would say that he has to cut his cloth accordingly, Lincoln aren`t wealthy, trying to play skillfull football with cheap players would get them nowhere etc. There is no right or wrong way to win a match, I once heard a manager say.
With Lincoln coming out and saying they have had no word from Albion about Cowley means nothing. That does not mean that Albion have not spoken to him and his agent , it’s like anyone in any walk of life, you see the opportunity of an interview with another company to better yourself you take that interview wether you get the job is yours or the companies choice. So we do not need to go to His employees unless his is the one they want to take over and they know he wants to come then the bargaining begins .That is my take on it anyway

Not sure that matters too much - as long as there are some fugging shots at goal at the end of the process
(05-22-2019, 12:10 PM)wba13 Wrote: With Lincoln coming out and saying they have had no word from Albion about Cowley means nothing. That does not mean that Albion have not spoken to him and his agent , it’s like anyone in any walk of life, you see the opportunity of an interview with another company to better yourself you take that interview wether you get the job is yours or the companies choice. So we do not need to go to His employees unless his is the one they want to take over and they know he wants to come then the bargaining begins .That is my take on it anyway

That’s great-other than officially needing their permission to talk to him!!
(05-22-2019, 12:29 PM)Ed Hopper Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 12:10 PM)wba13 Wrote: With Lincoln coming out and saying they have had no word from Albion about Cowley means nothing. That does not mean that Albion have not spoken to him and his agent , it’s like anyone in any walk of life, you see the opportunity of an interview with another company to better yourself you take that interview wether you get the job is yours or the companies choice. So we do not need to go to His employees unless his is the one they want to take over and they know he wants to come then the bargaining begins .That is my take on it anyway

That’s great-other than officially needing their permission to talk to him!!
All we need to do is phone his agent, then we haven`t actually spoken to him. His agent tells him there is interest etc. Remember years ago, I did work for a trade union, one of our group was a manic Celtic fan, ( interesting when they said union officials travelling to meetings had to car share, the other guy was a Rangers fan ). Anyway, this bloke told me Mowbray was going to Celtic 3 months before he officially did. All done through an agent apparently.
(05-22-2019, 11:03 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:

Where was that from?

Lincoln fan on twatter.

Arf  Big Grin  

I always read 'plays to the strengths of the players' as another way of saying, can't be bothered to improve these players as it sounds too much like hard work.

Well Graham and Darren were doing a fantastic job at teaching our defence to be ball playing centre halves I grant you. Just another two years with all the money gone and it would have clicked. 

It’s funny but I always read ‘the manager has philosophy’ or ‘they love a project’ as bullshit.

Whoever said that cannot possibly have seen a Pulis side play for any length of time. We’d have to start playing three keepers for it to be worse than that twat.