Crikey! Can this board get anymore negative?
(05-06-2019, 10:01 AM)Thurso Pickle Rick Wrote: It's been negative all seasons from some quarters every time DM dropped a point with repeated 'should we be top 2 with this squad' threads. Sacking him didn't improve our position and most posters were in fact correct predicting play offs in their assessment of the team and squad strengths. I don't see extra negativity now from before - reasonable concerns that some performances have not looked great and having such a novice at the helm. It's nervous times - I'd be hopeful we will get through but the possibility that we won't of course is a worry - especially given the Vile nature of our next fishy opponents.

We hadn't won at home since was it January when DM got the sack, we were continually trying to ask players to do jobs they couldn't do, and we had a coach who had seemingly undue influence on how we were playing. I think the concerns were justified as the club did too. Despite the accusations of anti-DM agenda's and other such nonsense bandied about at the time. Since then we have secured fourth spot which was far from a given thanks to Shan, the squad and his backroom team not. The games / result could go either way but some are writing our chances off before we have even started the games.
2 things that DM got 100% wrong firstly giving Jones too much power and not signing Tyrone mings when HE wanted to play under DM the reason was he was behind Dawson and hegazi in the pecking order .......What a fucking balls up that decision was .
(05-06-2019, 10:23 AM)The liquidator Wrote: 2 things that DM got 100% wrong firstly giving Jones too much power and not signing Tyrone mings when HE wanted to play under DM the reason was he was behind Dawson and hegazi in the pecking order .......What a fucking balls up that decision was .

I thought it more to do with the fact Barnes got unexpectedly recalled late on, leaving us attacking options to fill. We already had our quota of loanees.
Mings signed, with then going to a back 3 would have saved Moore's job. Jones was off in the summer anyway.

I was sad Moore went, but he didn't help himself with his loyalty to Jones who had no care for us at all.
(05-06-2019, 10:30 AM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(05-06-2019, 10:23 AM)The liquidator Wrote: 2 things that DM got 100% wrong firstly giving Jones too much power and not signing Tyrone mings when HE wanted to play under DM the reason was he was behind Dawson and hegazi in the pecking order .......What a fucking balls up that decision was .

I thought it more to do with the fact Barnes got unexpectedly recalled late on, leaving us attacking options to fill. We already had our quota of loanees.

Tosin woukd have been fucked off .
Wim fucked.
Clarnet v2.0
Moore just being far to nice and his loyalty to Jones was misguided. He had after all decided to move on. Darren should have jettisoned him. Forgot his loyalty to the club. He was far to easy on some of the players at times, difficult to be mate and boss Darren will do far better at another club IMO
(05-06-2019, 10:29 AM)Thurso Pickle Rick Wrote:
(05-06-2019, 10:19 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-06-2019, 10:01 AM)Thurso Pickle Rick Wrote: It's been negative all seasons from some quarters every time DM dropped a point with repeated 'should we be top 2 with this squad' threads. Sacking him didn't improve our position and most posters were in fact correct predicting play offs in their assessment of the team and squad strengths. I don't see extra negativity now from before - reasonable concerns that some performances have not looked great and having such a novice at the helm. It's nervous times - I'd be hopeful we will get through but the possibility that we won't of course is a worry - especially given the Vile nature of our next fishy opponents.

We hadn't won at home since was it January when DM got the sack, we were continually trying to ask players to do jobs they couldn't do, and we had a coach who had seemingly undue influence on how we were playing. I think the concerns were justified as the club did too. Despite the accusations of anti-DM agenda's and other such nonsense bandied about at the time. Since then we have secured fourth spot which was far from a given thanks to Shan, the squad and his backroom team not. The games / result could go either way but some are writing our chances off before we have even started the games.

We were already in 4th spot. The negativity around DM though was from game one and every game we weren't in the top 2 so to say it is new is nonsense - there are legitimate concerns around Shan which aren't as hysterical as some posting about DM early in the season.

We have also had to go on a very decent run to stay in fourth as the wheels came off the opportunity to go up automatically. I don't recall hysterical posting, exasperation at continually shooting ourselves in the foot with regards to playing the ball out from the back, when it was clear we hadn't got the players to do that then yes.
There was hysterics from the posters we only see when we lose.

I really wish Jones had turned Moore down and Shan was assistant, then I think we would have been more practical about our squad.
(05-06-2019, 10:52 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: There was hysterics from the posters we only see when we lose.

I really wish Jones had turned Moore down and Shan was assistant, then I think  we would have been more practical about our squad.

I agree, Birdy.

We seem to be continuing the "family" theme with recent (temporary) coaching appointments. 

The only one that wasn't "family" was the one that arrived late, caused chaos, and let it be known he was fucking off at the first opportunity. 

Hopefully DM has learned from this, and will be "his own man" next time.