Sunaks plan for “sick note culture “
(04-30-2024, 12:13 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: Whatever you think about him, he’s not the billy bullshitters you’ve had in charge the last twice and I doubt he was busy fleecing the taxpayer during covid. Oh for one or two more genuinely decent people in your party. No wonder one of the few remaining has crossed the floor

Proth saves his biggest criticism for Rory Stewart whilst pulling his punches or in some cases endorsing the likes of Johnson, Mogg, Badenoch, Gove, Baker, Patel it’s an awfully long list so I’ll stop there.
(04-30-2024, 12:13 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: Whatever you think about him, he’s not the billy bullshitters you’ve had in charge the last twice and I doubt he was busy fleecing the taxpayer during covid. Oh for one or two more genuinely decent people in your party. No wonder one of the few remaining has crossed the floor

A "Genuinely decent" person wouldn't shack up with Alastair Campbell.
(04-30-2024, 12:38 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

Charles Kennedy
(04-30-2024, 12:38 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

A genuinely decent person wouldn’t have helped put BoJo in number 10
(04-30-2024, 04:47 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: A genuinely decent person wouldn’t have helped put BoJo in number 10

Bojo might have put his name to the £350million on the side of the bus, made up some shit about 40 new hospitals, illegally prorogued parliament and lied to The Queen, then parliament again, but at least he never co-hosted a podcast.
If you want to slate who might be fans of Rory Stewart, you should probably think about what being a supporter of BoJo says about you first
Someone could have been killed
(04-30-2024, 08:28 AM)Protheroe Wrote: The fundamental problem with the coalition's approach to "austerity" is that it came with little or no meaningful reform to either protected or non-protected departments.  The challenge the Labour government will face is that's going to be in an even tighter financial straitjacket.

Until any party explains how it plans to address the cuts that are baked into the OBR projections, and fund quantitative tightening then none of them are worth voting for. They're all occupying a fantasyland.

Totally obsessed with debt. Why has Japan not imploded? Why were there decades of growth when UK debt was similar to Japan's back in the day. Ok lets see reform and efficiency which should be baked in, but ffs bin the fiscal rules, borrow and grow the economy
Fuck the Tories, Fuck Brexit, Fuck Putin & Fuck VAR
"Bin the fiscal rules and grow the economy"

Then watch inflation and interest rates spike, which increases indebtedness. You remember Liz Truss don't you?

(04-30-2024, 08:17 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: If you want to slate who might be fans of Rory Stewart, you should probably think about what being a supporter of BoJo says about you first

I can't really fathom why anyone would be fan of Rory Stewart when he's from exactly the same stock as Boris Johnson. I know he's enormously attractive to smug Guardianistas pandering to their prejudices whilst sipping their morning Cortado.

According to him, government would be far easier free ‘of the daily insolence of voters’.  

You know, those awful people from the lower classes who vote Tory.
The irony of referring to "Guardianistas pandering to their prejudices whilst sipping their morning Cortado" as smug will be lost on no-one.

Except possibly the author.
(05-01-2024, 07:56 AM)Ossian Wrote: The irony of referring to "Guardianistas pandering to their prejudices whilst sipping their morning Cortado" as smug will be lost on no-one.

Except possibly the author.

What gives you the impression that I'm smug? I'm terrified about the carnage around us.

The smug ones are those that believe there's any way out of this once Sunak and his bunch of useless tossers are gone. There isn't.