Sunderland Match Fred
East Midlands is spot on we have been poor lately and its not a good sign imo
Tony pulis is a wanker 
(04-14-2024, 07:54 AM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Not a good day for us again though this time we didn’t get away with a point.

We were in total command against a mediocre and limited Sunderland side except for being woefully inept in the opponents box. But we couldn’t have have foreseen what happened in those crucial minutes.
BTA, just booked, decided to make up for his terrible control by lunging at the panto villain.

Unfortunately, we thought then that we probably only have a point to hold onto as you cannot see our team pushing and attacking much with ten men.
We needed to hold out until halftime then regroup but failed to last that long as a simple set piece gave them the lead in their first real attack !

Second half was about how I would expect us to be ; competing well to stop them scoring but just next to nothing offensively and we never looked like get back in it.

Worrying signs in the past half a dozen games as the form looks way off even if we have got away with ok results. I think we’ll limp over the line in sixth but can’t see us winning any of the last three (couple of draws at best) as we just don’t look right compared to earlier in the season. Ironic has we now have such a strong bench.

(04-13-2024, 08:54 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Sunderland barely came out of their own half until they scored. I can't see how the selection could be faulted. Okay was rested after midweek and was replaced by Chalobah who got clattered. Wallace had a sickness bug. M'villa and Reach were never going to start after playing in midweek. We lost that game in a mad 4 minutes. I'm more angry we lost to a side of cloggers and divers than I am at Albion. I'm also not pleased that half the ground fucks off on 80 minutes when we are trying to chuck the kitchen sink at the opposition. Get behind them FFS.

Did we really look like we we chucking the kitchen sink at them ?  We were woeful second half offensively…

(04-13-2024, 05:47 PM)Pipes of Peace Wrote: I reckon a few of them were out to get Ballard, so I wouldn't have been surprised if someone else who hadn't played, had been sent off.

Amazing how such a non entity as done so much damage to our season.

He celebrated like he’d won something!
See him in the Play Offs. !  Smile

Fair enough, we didn't quite chuck the kitchen sink at 'em, but that was difficult without a centre forward. But it really doesn't help when the crowd throw the towel in on 80 minutes. I know some have very good reasons for leaving early but I'm sure most are just rushing home to watch Michael fucking Macintyre. It's not appropriate to expect the team to strain every sinew with a man short, when the crowd don't have the attention span to stay seated for another 5. Good job we didn't all fuck off on 85 minutes at Bradford.
I just can’t be bothered these days to get stuck in traffic for an hour after the match particularly at night games. I’ve missed two goals one for Leicester and Furlongs I’m not sure my attendance mattered either way.