If Rishi really does wait til the Autumn
(01-06-2024, 06:51 PM)Ossian Wrote: One thing you can say for the Tories is at least they're never likely to do anything to jitter the markets.

Perhaps give 'em one more chance? Devil you know and all that...

You can’t get anything done in less than quarter of a century in this country. Don’t forget the mess they were left with and that note!
I see that the new Tory tactic is to bribe the electorate with promises of tax cuts whilst attacking/blaming/targeting the poorest in society notably the disabled…. sorry I’ve just realised this is the tactic they’ve used for the last two decades and look how better off we are for putting the boot into the disabled, carers and those who are too ill to work. Waaah don’t call us the nasty party or make out we are horrible people… ok Tories ok!
But they're neither cutting taxes or "attacking" the poorest in society - you just make this shit up, don't you?
(01-07-2024, 02:52 PM)Protheroe Wrote: But they're neither cutting taxes or "attacking" the poorest in society - you just make this shit up, don't you?

They certainly don’t look after societies poorest. Every stat going tells you that. Ever known anyone have to claim PIP or DLA? Deliberately made as difficult and obstructive as possible. Homelessness. People exiting prison. The list is endless. 

You’re right about the other part mind.

I see Labour have pledged to build 1.5 m houses and cut nhs and dentists waiting lists. It’s a start.
Someone could have been killed
(01-07-2024, 02:52 PM)Protheroe Wrote: But they're neither cutting taxes or "attacking" the poorest in society - you just make this shit up, don't you?

If you work with the disabled or know anything about the subject they will tell you they feel under attack by this government. At the same time they see plans to cut inheritance tax for the richest in society as the PM continues to say he’s going to cut welfare.

Also I see numerous Twitter posts that the government are spewing out are coming with Community Notices… what a great bunch of people.
(01-07-2024, 04:09 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

If you work with the disabled or know anything about the subject they will tell you they feel under attack by this government. At the same time they see plans to cut inheritance tax for the richest in society as the PM continues to say he’s going to cut welfare.

Also I see numerous Twitter posts that the government are spewing out are coming with Community Notices… what a great bunch of people.

Oh they attack the poorest all right. If you say otherwise then it's because you don't want to believe it. I myself know of a few genuinely unable to work that have had their money stopped, including a close relative told by his consultant to keep a case packed ready for a lung transplant. That is without those mentally ill that have fallen through the cracks due to the problems getting treatment. Perhaps I should also begin kicking these people while they are down, It's a sure way to get into the House of Lords.