Ninja Woodfire Electric BBQs
(12-21-2023, 07:54 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote:
(12-20-2023, 09:00 PM)baggpuss Wrote:
(12-20-2023, 02:24 PM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote: Any of you MCWs got one? I'm normally a purist but the combination of dependable temperatures, easy cleaning and wood smoke has got me temptingly looking for Boxing Day discounts...

Quite cheap here:

Ninja Woodfire Electric BBQ Grill & Smoker, 7-in-1 Outdoor Barbecue Grill & Air Fryer, Roast, Bake, Dehydrate, Uses Woodfire Pellets, Non-Stick, Portable, Christma Gifts Idea, Grey/Black, OG701UK : Amazon.co.uk: Home & Kitchen

£350 quid for a fan assisted toaster?!?!

Might even melt your lawn as well FFS sake!
Totally no interest in this product from me, I don't like gas BBQs let alone electric ones.

However if you have or know someone who gets Blue Light card, then they usually do about 20% on Ninja stuff direct from Ninja...
(12-21-2023, 08:36 AM)NewWanker Wrote: Totally no interest in this product from me, I don't like gas BBQs let alone electric ones.

May as well take a microwave in to the garden and cook in that.
I told you I’ll be back
(12-21-2023, 08:36 AM)NewWanker Wrote: Totally no interest in this product from me, I don't like gas BBQs let alone electric ones.

However if you have or know someone who gets Blue Light card, then they usually do about 20% on Ninja stuff direct from Ninja...

Good call.
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
(12-21-2023, 09:01 AM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote:

Good call.

Oh and it usually stacks with their offers... so in theory that £249 price (same on Ninja as Amazon), you'll get it for around £200 instead. (well it worked when I bought my 15 in 1 off their site , but that was a couple of years back, so they may have limited it now)
(12-21-2023, 08:48 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

May as well take a microwave in to the garden and cook in that.

Guess it depends on what people want.. 

Do they want "smoked/BBQ'd" food, with out faff. 

Or do they want the blokey ritual or tending to a fire, drinking beer all day cooking a shoulder/short ribs/brisket. 

I want both at certain times. My Weber(s)/pizza over scratch that itch. But I would definitely have one of those woodfires for quick easy midweek "smokes" the pellets really do impart some decent flavour, and its easy to have a range of wood types.
Can't but feel the electric grills take the skill out of cooking a little bit , I use a UDS ( ugly drum smoker ) US style which has taken a fair while to get used to but that way you learn about air intake , temps and charcoal types ( Big K for me).
(12-21-2023, 08:23 AM)Fido Wrote:
(12-21-2023, 07:54 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote:
(12-20-2023, 09:00 PM)baggpuss Wrote:
(12-20-2023, 02:24 PM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote: Any of you MCWs got one? I'm normally a purist but the combination of dependable temperatures, easy cleaning and wood smoke has got me temptingly looking for Boxing Day discounts...

Quite cheap here:

Ninja Woodfire Electric BBQ Grill & Smoker, 7-in-1 Outdoor Barbecue Grill & Air Fryer, Roast, Bake, Dehydrate, Uses Woodfire Pellets, Non-Stick, Portable, Christma Gifts Idea, Grey/Black, OG701UK : Amazon.co.uk: Home & Kitchen

£350 quid for a fan assisted toaster?!?!

Might even melt your lawn as well FFS sake!

Good job I have a PAT-E-OH, innit!
(12-21-2023, 11:07 AM)Crossbar11 Wrote: Can't but feel the electric grills take the skill out of cooking a little bit , I use a UDS ( ugly drum smoker ) US style which has taken a fair while to get used to but that way you learn about air intake , temps and charcoal types ( Big K for me).

It definitely does take the skill out of it. But if the result is more consistent for less hassle then you can see the value they offer.

I've done too many 12+ hour briskets, some of which weren't great, to be fucking about these days. 

Although, as Lurker pointed out, there is also value in sitting there for 12 hours supping beer.  I won't throw away my barrel or kettle yet!
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
(12-21-2023, 12:42 PM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote:
(12-21-2023, 11:07 AM)Crossbar11 Wrote: Can't but feel the electric grills take the skill out of cooking a little bit , I use a UDS ( ugly drum smoker ) US style which has taken a fair while to get used to but that way you learn about air intake , temps and charcoal types ( Big K for me).

It definitely does take the skill out of it. But if the result is more consistent for less hassle then you can see the value they offer.

I've done too many 12+ hour briskets, some of which weren't great, to be fucking about these days. 

Although, as Lurker pointed out, there is also value in sitting there for 12 hours supping beer.  I won't throw away my barrel or kettle yet!

The latter is always useful for making tea anyway, I find.