Geert Wilders
(11-23-2023, 10:21 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(11-23-2023, 09:35 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: We've stopped having debates around uncomfortable subjects and it's polarised people. It's created Trump and Brexit and this loon in Holland. Until we start discussing again things will be worse. Condemning people and calling them idiots/fascists just doesn't work.

And if there are people who are idiits and racists are we supposed to ignore that, pretend that they are not.

Ans we do not do anything other than have endless debates about uncomfortable issues. There is a hardly a week that has gone by when there isn't a debate on TV or radio, where someone says you can't talk about immigration without being labelled a racist, during a debate on migration where no one has been accused of racism.

It's like comedians who bleat about being cancelled, during shows that Netflix have paid them millions to perform.

We don't do a lot of serious debate. Lots of people can't stand it when others disagree with their beliefs and opinions. It is almost as if they think that free speech means being able to say what you want and no one is allowed to disagree with you

You really don't get it do you.

Tell you what, watch this instead then see how well your argument holds up. https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1044777035645189

The Social Dilemma on Netflix might also be a good watch that might shake you.
Spandau. You spend ages telling everyone they dont debate enough.

Then start a largely condescending post with "you really don't get it do you"
Someone could have been killed
(11-23-2023, 10:30 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(11-23-2023, 10:21 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(11-23-2023, 09:35 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: We've stopped having debates around uncomfortable subjects and it's polarised people. It's created Trump and Brexit and this loon in Holland. Until we start discussing again things will be worse. Condemning people and calling them idiots/fascists just doesn't work.

And if there are people who are idiits and racists are we supposed to ignore that, pretend that they are not.

Ans we do not do anything other than have endless debates about uncomfortable issues. There is a hardly a week that has gone by when there isn't a debate on TV or radio, where someone says you can't talk about immigration without being labelled a racist, during a debate on migration where no one has been accused of racism.

It's like comedians who bleat about being cancelled, during shows that Netflix have paid them millions to perform.

We don't do a lot of serious debate. Lots of people can't stand it when others disagree with their beliefs and opinions. It is almost as if they think that free speech means being able to say what you want and no one is allowed to disagree with you

You really don't get it do you.

Tell you what, watch this instead then see how well your argument holds up. https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1044777035645189

The Social Dilemma on Netflix might also be a good watch that might shake you.

As I said we don't debate in this country, because we get upset and offended when people disagree with our points of view.
Not got any subjective links to share and educate anyone with SR?

Disappointing.
(11-23-2023, 10:54 AM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: Spandau. You spend ages telling everyone they dont debate enough.

Then start a largely condescending post with "you really don't get it do you"

Much is lost in mere words, without tone, eye contact etc. Anyhow, we don't play until Saturday evening so let's get something a bit lively. Smile
I'd love to see someone say that with a tone that made it sound like an open debate.
(11-23-2023, 01:21 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: I'd love to see someone say that with a tone that made it sound like an open debate.

Smiley winky emoji!
fuggin t1t
(11-23-2023, 01:44 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: fuggin t1t

I'm not going to get involved in rows as what needed to be said is said perfectly in technicolour in that sketch. Isms etc are bandied around and then someone get's upset and calls a name, like sexism or fascism or even fatism, when all these words are subjective. 

People are closing debate down and it is allowing people like this Dutch nutter to flourish. 

The Jonathan Pie sketch I linked explains it all absolutely perfectly. What's happened in Argentina and the Netherlands this week shows there's a real issue that many feel compelled to allow lunatics with vile ideologies into power.
(11-23-2023, 02:47 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(11-23-2023, 01:44 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: fuggin t1t

I'm not going to get involved in rows as what needed to be said is said perfectly in technicolour in that sketch. Isms etc are bandied around and then someone get's upset and calls a name, like sexism or fascism or even fatism, when all these words are subjective. 

People are closing debate down and it is allowing people like this Dutch nutter to flourish. 

The Jonathan Pie sketch I linked explains it all absolutely perfectly. What's happened in Argentina and the Netherlands this week shows there's a real issue that many feel compelled to allow lunatics with vile ideologies into power.

Winkey thing.

I agree with you on that at the bottom. The EU is just trailing the UK in that regard