WBAUnofficial
Geert Wilders - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Politics (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Geert Wilders (/showthread.php?tid=31780)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Geert Wilders - Borin' Baggie - 11-22-2023

For fucks sakes

RE: Geert Wilders - Protheroe - 11-22-2023

As here, those that enabled his elevation will be unlikely to accept their role in it.

RE: Geert Wilders - Shabby Russian - 11-23-2023

The irony of people voting for this bigot at a polling station sited in the Anne Frank Museum, shouldn't be lost on anyone, but it will.

RE: Geert Wilders - Lurker#3 - 11-23-2023

Argies & the Dutch in a couple of weeks going potty right. Whilst I couldn't disagree more, shows how a large majority of "normal" folk are feeling in the world right now.

Add them to Trump and Brexit the worlds democracies are being used for protest, and I guess that exactly what they are for, but it doesn't make it any better.

RE: Geert Wilders - Spandaubaggie - 11-23-2023

We've stopped having debates around uncomfortable subjects and it's polarised people. It's created Trump and Brexit and this loon in Holland. Until we start discussing again things will be worse. Condemning people and calling them idiots/fascists just doesn't work.

RE: Geert Wilders - Protheroe - 11-23-2023

(11-23-2023, 09:35 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: We've stopped having debates around uncomfortable subjects and it's polarised people. It's created Trump and Brexit and this loon in Holland. Until we start discussing again things will be worse.

Politicians aren't capable of having a rational discussion. Jeremy Hunt is trying to convince the nation this morning that he's handed them a tax cut, whilst removing workers wallets from their back pocket.

Rachel Reeves hasn't called him out on this, instead claiming that Labour will spend more and tax less.

If this is the state of two of the most senior politicians then you're pissing in the wind if you expect a debate that matters.

(11-23-2023, 09:47 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(11-23-2023, 09:35 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: We've stopped having debates around uncomfortable subjects and it's polarised people. It's created Trump and Brexit and this loon in Holland. Until we start discussing again things will be worse.

Politicians aren't capable of having a rational discussion. Jeremy Hunt is trying to convince the nation this morning that he's handed them a tax cut, whilst removing workers wallets from their back pocket.

Rachel Reeves hasn't called him out on this, instead claiming that Labour will spend more and tax less.

If this is the state of two of the most senior politicians then you're pissing in the wind if you expect a debate that matters.

As a small biz who pay's myself out of dividends I got the square root of fuck all yesterday.

How anyone could think there was anything useful in there mitigating the burdens of the past couple of years bewilders me.

RE: Geert Wilders - CaptainFantastico - 11-23-2023

(11-23-2023, 09:35 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: We've stopped having debates around uncomfortable subjects and it's polarised people. It's created Trump and Brexit and this loon in Holland. Until we start discussing again things will be worse. Condemning people and calling them idiots/fascists just doesn't work.

Whilst I agree with this and with Lurker, none of you have yet hit upon the real reason for all this occurring. Or at least the most potent contributor.

First correct answer gets a foot long hotdog at the game Saturday

(11-23-2023, 09:56 AM)CaptainFantastico Wrote:
(11-23-2023, 09:35 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: We've stopped having debates around uncomfortable subjects and it's polarised people. It's created Trump and Brexit and this loon in Holland. Until we start discussing again things will be worse. Condemning people and calling them idiots/fascists just doesn't work.

Whilst I agree with this and with Lurker, none of you have yet hit upon the real reason for all this occurring. Or at least the most potent contributor.

Well there's heaps of reasons Captain, but think the internet and algorithyms/filter bubbles also plays a huge part. It's subjective.

RE: Geert Wilders - CaptainFantastico - 11-23-2023

(11-23-2023, 09:59 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(11-23-2023, 09:56 AM)CaptainFantastico Wrote:

Well there's heaps of reasons Captain, but think the internet and algorithyms/filter bubbles also plays a huge part. It's subjective.

Meet me at the kiosk.

Yep. The initial liberating and democratising effect of new media has long been superseded by its current utilisation. And virtually no one is immune from it.