Tamworth
(10-18-2023, 03:16 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: If that were true I'd suggest that the focus of the story should be the bloke who has made a decision on the that basis

#Shoe
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
(10-18-2023, 03:16 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: If that were true I'd suggest that the focus of the story should be the bloke who has made a decision on the that basis

Tom Watson, you could call it his resignation honours list. Honestly, my extended family up in Wombwell shook their heads in disbelief when some oik from Cradley Heath with no connection whatsover to the area was parachuted into the safest of safe seats a few weeks before the election to replace Michael Dugher from "Edlo". 

I had a particularly wry smile as her awful campaign to lose Halesowen in 2015 revolved principally around "James Morris and his London home". Fun campaign that was, some relation to Watson threatened to punch my lights out in the Haden Cross at a hustings, Labour coined the moniker "Princess Steph" which perhaps indicates how popular she was, and an irregular poster on this board also managed to accidently chuck a pint over her.

Tom Watson is a lot of things. This is one of them.
(10-18-2023, 01:45 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Can a mobile phone be considered a luxury anymore?

Genuine question, not really a political one.

Schools in particular appear to think that mobiles were mandatory for parents.
Try ordering a school dinner without access to the Internet.

Agreed. We had a conversation a while back about how the floor of living frugally is rising all the time, not only with inflation on basic costs like utilities, council charges but with things that you need in every day life. I'd say that access to broadband services at home would probably be one to be added in there as well.
What do you make of Suzanne Webb while we are on the topic?

Always knew it was more than just the 10,000 steps trick that lead to slimline Watson
Someone could have been killed
(10-18-2023, 03:42 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: What do you make of Suzanne Webb while we are on the topic?

Always knew it was more than just the 10,000 steps trick that lead to slimline Watson

Suzanne, awful? There is no one in Stourbridge CA who can fathom how on Earth she ever got that gig. Essentially imposed, and good local candidates excluded. As an MP she's been a disaster.
(10-18-2023, 03:46 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(10-18-2023, 03:42 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: What do you make of Suzanne Webb while we are on the topic?

Suzanne, awful? There is no one in Stourbridge CA who can fathom how on Earth she ever got that gig. Essentially imposed, and good local candidates excluded. As an MP she's been a disaster.

I'm still not convinced it will switch at the next election. At the most it will be toss of a coin. Remarkable

More than one person suggests she got the gig on a similar basis to those you refer to above
Someone could have been killed
(10-18-2023, 01:48 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(10-18-2023, 01:45 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Can a mobile phone be considered a luxury anymore?

Genuine question, not really a political one.

Schools in particular appear to think that mobiles were mandatory for parents.
Try ordering a school dinner without access to the Internet.

Try getting a job without access to the internet

wouldn't be surprised if the ppe contracts were by word of mouth.
(10-18-2023, 03:46 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

She doorstepped me once, mumbled something totally incoherent and then brought Sajid Javid in to the the talking. A completely empty vessel, she makes Margot look half competent.
(10-18-2023, 04:16 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: More than one person suggests she got the gig on a similar basis to those you refer to above

Cripes.
(10-18-2023, 02:49 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Interesting to see that Walter Mitty "ex-teacher" Princess Steph is running the campaign for Labour. I hope it's not too marginal as her record in those is lamentable. Good job she slept her way to a safe seat herself.

Edwards is a great candidate and that is a nasty slur. I helped to get her selected (phoninhg members) 
Selecting a Labour PPC is a complex process involving an internal competion afer applying to get on the longtlist which goes before the NEC and then shortlisting and selection by the CLP. As for the people running the campaign there are three. Charlotte Walker is her agent and the other two are not called Steph
Fuck the Tories, Fuck Brexit, Fuck Putin & Fuck VAR