Armed police
I think all police officers should be tooled up. Maybe it would stop the "elite" attitude of the armed squads and ensure the public give their considerable respect and gratitude to guys doing a complex and dangerous job
Fuck the Tories, Fuck Brexit, Fuck Putin & Fuck VAR
(09-25-2023, 10:11 AM)Pontificator Wrote: I think all police officers should be tooled up. Maybe it would stop the "elite" attitude of the armed squads and ensure the public give their considerable respect and gratitude to guys doing a complex and dangerous job

No thanks, outside of Northern Ireland there's no threat to warrant it. I'd rather spend more money and time training up regular PCs and SCs.
Its a catch 22 situation for  them dammed if they do dammed if they dont.
(09-25-2023, 01:48 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 10:11 AM)Pontificator Wrote: I think all police officers should be tooled up. Maybe it would stop the "elite" attitude of the armed squads and ensure the public give their considerable respect and gratitude to guys doing a complex and dangerous job

No thanks, outside of Northern Ireland there's no threat to warrant it. I'd rather spend more money and time training up regular PCs and SCs.

By and large it seems UKs Police are not trusted, respected or valued and are underpaid. They are blamed for crime and disorder and if they put a foot wrong they risk losing their livelihoods. Their families security is put at risk when they confont gangsters. They have to comfort grief stricken relatives and assist or arrest mentaly ill people. On top of that they are expected to confront dangerous criminals with a spraycan, a taser, a baton & handcuffs. There is a crisis in the force because older more experienced officers have taken their pensions and are not around to guide inexperienced officers. It's all fucked up and after 14 years of this wretched government. It's a wonder anyone would chose to do the job. At least give them a firearm - instant respect - and get rid of the stupid helmets. We have the Police force we deserve
(09-25-2023, 09:25 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 08:52 AM)Pipkins Wrote: Maybe if the lad stopped when asked to no one would be having this debate

Good morning officer.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...court.html

Honest John he wasnt
(09-26-2023, 09:28 AM)Pipkins Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 09:25 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 08:52 AM)Pipkins Wrote: Maybe if the lad stopped when asked to no one would be having this debate

Good morning officer.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...court.html

Honest John he wasnt

Armed, he wasn't.
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
(09-26-2023, 08:19 AM)Pontificator Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 01:48 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

By and large it seems UKs Police are not trusted, respected or valued and are underpaid. They are blamed for crime and disorder and if they put a foot wrong they risk losing their livelihoods. Their families security is put at risk when they confont gangsters. They have to comfort grief stricken relatives and assist or arrest mentaly ill people. On top of that they are expected to confront dangerous criminals with a spraycan, a taser, a baton & handcuffs. There is a crisis in the force because older more experienced officers have taken their pensions and are not around to guide inexperienced officers. It's all fucked up and after 14 years of this wretched government. It's a wonder anyone would chose to do the job. At least give them a firearm - instant respect - and get rid of the stupid helmets. We have the Police force we deserve

A good mate of mine is a copper, from what he's said a taser and a telescopic baton is more than sufficient - to the point where anti-authoritarian me is wary about them having tasers. I'd rather not waste time and money on firearms and training that 99% of PCs and SCs in Great Britain will not need.
I do struggle with the idea that when police ask you to go away and you don't, you hang around being a twat, you should realise on the 3rd time of asking you are likely to hit the deck if you resist arrest with a copper on top of you. Then you are filmed by some scroat whilst you are engaged in a perfectly lawful restraint. A copper now has to spend endless hours trying to defend his actions, when all the justification is: I told him to fuck off and he started being a cunt, so I arrested him. Of course the moment he restrains the bloke, he needs a few more coppers to do it safely and once the bloke is safely contained he then has to be taken to a custody suite and that copper is otherwise occupied explaining to the custody sargent wtf has been going on. There isn't a custody suite within a few miles from here whereas there was one within 1/2 K a few years ago.Then the cunt gets away with being a cunt. There's no respect for our institutions any more and people wonder why schools can't control the disruptive cunts in schools.
Nothing makes me feel safer than the idea of more and more people in full tactical gear walking the streets with guns.