This government
Wankers from top to bottom. Cannot wait til they fuck off.
Someone could have been killed
(09-02-2023, 08:21 AM)Pontificator Wrote: Devon swim race cancelled after sewage released into harbour

Friday September 01 2023, 3.00pm, The Times

lying, corrupt, inccompetent and literally fucking dirty - I fucking hate them and their fucking mess. I'm 70 years old and I have never witnessed anything like the last 14 years. The one guy who is trying to clean something up - Sadiq - is being used by a yet another Tory she devil to become the next leader of the Party https://twitter.com/PennyMordaunt/status...6614255627

Oh she's the one who loves London, but very clearly loathes Londoners.
(09-02-2023, 09:39 AM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: Wankers from top to bottom. Cannot wait til they fuck off.

For an entirely different set of wankers, no doubt.
(09-02-2023, 11:43 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(09-02-2023, 09:39 AM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: Wankers from top to bottom. Cannot wait til they fuck off.

I'd sooner be rid of the proven set, cheers
Someone could have been killed
(09-02-2023, 07:40 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote:

Proth attempting the they are all as bad as each other argument. No doubt this will be high on next years election tactics for local Tory door knockers. That and just lying through their teeth.
(09-02-2023, 08:29 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Proth attempting the they are all as bad as each other argument. No doubt this will be high on next years election tactics for local Tory door knockers. That and just lying through their teeth.

Absolutely - it's the only thing left

BSF is the foremost example of the abject and fundamental failure of Tory idealogy and government.  The cancelling of a multi billion pound essential infrastructure project to replacce decrepid schools. in favour of reducing the deficit. The money could have been borrowed at historic low interest rates. New schools and so many other economic benifits. George Osborn, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Vince Cable, Danny Alexander where the fuck are these clowns now, what a set of wankers
Fuck the Tories, Fuck Brexit, Fuck Putin & Fuck VAR
(09-03-2023, 06:37 AM)Pontificator Wrote:

BSF is the foremost example of the abject and fundamental failure of Tory idealogy and government.  The cancelling of a multi billion pound essential infrastructure project to replacce decrepid schools. in favour of reducing the deficit. The money could have been borrowed at historic low interest rates. New schools and so many other economic benifits. George Osborn, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Vince Cable, Danny Alexander where the fuck are these clowns now, what a set of wankers

Ah, the fools' solution to everything. Borrowing money a decade ago at artificially low interest rates. 

Have you taken a look at the national debt? At how much of it is index-linked? At current bond yields? 

Have you thought how much worse the situation would be had we borrowed even more a decade ago then we already did? 

As for CF's point, the Labour Party may well be #leastworst at the next election. Particularly as they're having a rare attack of sanity of on tax and the NHS - not that it will go down well with their core vote that is.
(09-03-2023, 08:57 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(09-03-2023, 06:37 AM)Pontificator Wrote:
(09-02-2023, 11:43 AM)Protheroe Wrote: For an entirely different set of wankers, no doubt.

Ah, the fools' solution to everything. Borrowing money a decade ago at artificially low interest rates. 

Have you taken a look at the national debt? At how much of it is index-linked? At current bond yields? 

Have you thought how much worse the situation would be had we borrowed even more a decade ago then we already did? 

As for CF's point, the Labour Party may well be #leastworst at the next election. Particularly as they're having a rare attack of sanity of on tax and the NHS - not that it will go down well with their core vote that is.

Government gilt yields, the interest rate paid by the British state on its debt, rocketed. When was that, was it last year maybe? £1 = $1.035?
Fuck the Tories, Fuck Brexit, Fuck Putin & Fuck VAR
You’re working on the false assumption that I supported last years crazy budget. You’re also forgetting that gilt yields will rise with inflation for the 25% that are index linked. The UK has a strange addiction to issuing index linked gilts - one of the reasons it has to is the chilling effects of Brown’s taxation of pension fund dividends..

The BoE is also embarking on gilt sales which will keep yields high too.

Of course you all asked for this during the years of QE.