The promoted teams.
First couple of games don't mean much. However I think relegation will be a scrap between 6 or 7 teams this year... A few bad results and most teams will be around shit street
(08-06-2023, 05:26 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(08-06-2023, 05:24 PM)Sliced Wrote: Before we are possibly, but this season I can’t see it.

Wednesday has that aura of a plucky newly promoted team against Saints, they raised their game but ultimately I can’t see them doing anything. Plymouth will do well to stay up although we’re seemingly much better than a Huddersfield team that will probably go down.

Ipswich look the best of the three, hopefully they don’t do anything special as their fans are absolute nightmares

Not this season no.

But I think they will go up before us. Plymouth will stay up comfortably, I live in the city, surrounded by their fans, my friend is quite high up in their technical and recruitment department, they'll be fine, if we don't improve by the end of the window, I wouldn't be so sure we'll finish above them.

I think if Plymouth stay up they will crack on, and seem to be prepped to have another go at promotion next season if they fail
It’s one game. I think you can tell fuck all at this stage of the season.
Early days but bookies had Ipswich as 6th favourites for promotion along with us 

One thing I do agree with is that the 6 newcomers to the league are better than the 6 they replaced
(08-06-2023, 07:40 PM)MancBaggie Wrote: Early days but bookies had Ipswich as 6th favourites for promotion along with us 

One thing I do agree with is that the 6 newcomers to the league are better than the 6 they replaced

Yep, this season the teams are the strongest they've been since Villa beat us in the playoff semi's IMO
(08-06-2023, 05:22 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Sheff Wednesday, Plymouth and Ipswich, I felt the end of last summer these three would all be fine at this level and would cause some upsets.

Wednesday pushed Southampton all the way Friday with some excellent defending, being outdone by Southamptons class in the end.

Plymouth beat Warnocks Huddersfield yesterday.

Ipswich currently beating Sunderland.

All three are very well-run clubs with very good recruitment strategies, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them promoted from this league before we are.

Not read the rest of the thread so apologises if covered already.

Wednesday are a fucking mess - a shambles worse than us, I can’t see anything other than relegation.

Plymouth hare plucky, incredibly well run and if given time could be another Luton, however currently they have a mid table League One budget and I expect them to struggle without ever really looking like dropping, they’ve made some very smart signings. 

Ipswich have an excellent manager, and a very solid squad, of the three I think they will be the success story. Having seen what Sunderland managed last year, and having said on another thread I think there are 3-4 very good sides and 10 who could make the playoffs, I think they have as much chance as anyone of sneaking into the play off mix.