The promoted teams.
Sheff Wednesday, Plymouth and Ipswich, I felt the end of last summer these three would all be fine at this level and would cause some upsets.

Wednesday pushed Southampton all the way Friday with some excellent defending, being outdone by Southamptons class in the end.

Plymouth beat Warnocks Huddersfield yesterday.

Ipswich currently beating Sunderland.

All three are very well-run clubs with very good recruitment strategies, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them promoted from this league before we are.
Before we are possibly, but this season I can’t see it.

Wednesday has that aura of a plucky newly promoted team against Saints, they raised their game but ultimately I can’t see them doing anything. Plymouth will do well to stay up although we’re seemingly much better than a Huddersfield team that will probably go down.

Ipswich look the best of the three, hopefully they don’t do anything special as their fans are absolute nightmares
(08-06-2023, 05:24 PM)Sliced Wrote: Before we are possibly, but this season I can’t see it.

Wednesday has that aura of a plucky newly promoted team against Saints, they raised their game but ultimately I can’t see them doing anything. Plymouth will do well to stay up although we’re seemingly much better than a Huddersfield team that will probably go down.

Ipswich look the best of the three, hopefully they don’t do anything special as their fans are absolute nightmares

Not this season no.

But I think they will go up before us. Plymouth will stay up comfortably, I live in the city, surrounded by their fans, my friend is quite high up in their technical and recruitment department, they'll be fine, if we don't improve by the end of the window, I wouldn't be so sure we'll finish above them.
I don't doubt you when you say they are well run, (or when you say they'll go up before us!). But remember, often newly promoted teams punch above their weight for a while, then slowly their confidence drains as they don't always get the results they deserve, before eventually they slip into a struggle. I'd guess from experience, at least one will drop this season. At least they are well run though, that's a dream for us.
Love Plymouth to make the Prem
Considering how all three dominated League 1 so much last season, and some of the trash in this league, I don't think lower mid-table of this league is above any of them.
Ipswich very good side. Well set up. Great manager, in McKenna.
It's very early days. I'm sure if you offered all 3 of them mid-table, they'd take it. I think Wednesday will struggle most personally. Can see Plymouth being in a bit of a relegation battle, but will just about stay up. Ipswich best bet for a top half finish given their squad and financial backing.
Ipswich decent. Didn't think much of Wednesday though.
Didn't the American owners of Ipswich look at buying us a while back ??