Greeting from Belgium
(08-07-2023, 12:22 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(08-07-2023, 10:25 AM)Ournextstriker Wrote: Fave Belgian beer is Kwak

Leuven and Antwerp are decent towns and Brussels Grand Place is a great square for a beer

Duvel wants a word pal. 

Belgium is top drawer.  Had a mate at the European College at Bruges in the 90s and went to euro 2000 there.  

Ghent Antwerp Bruges and Brussels all excellent.  V underrated and beats Holland for me

I'll tell you what's a bad idea, drinking a few pints of Duvel in the Belfort in Bruges and then climbing up that tower.

(Braces for another In Bruges joke)
(08-07-2023, 12:31 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

Leuven and Antwerp are decent towns and Brussels Grand Place is a great square for a beer

Duvel wants a word pal. 

Belgium is top drawer.  Had a mate at the European College at Bruges in the 90s and went to euro 2000 there.  

Ghent Antwerp Bruges and Brussels all excellent.  V underrated and beats Holland for me

I'll tell you what's a bad idea, drinking a few pints of Duvel in the Belfort in Bruges and then climbing up that tower.

(Braces for another In Bruges joke)

The Fat Americans  Big Grin
(08-07-2023, 11:32 AM)HugeHons Wrote:
(08-06-2023, 07:10 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(08-06-2023, 12:02 PM)HugeHons Wrote: If any of you lot are in Worcester,a friend of mine owns TripelB Belgian Beer Cafe. Top lad who’s also a Albion season ticket holder and travels to many away games. He stocks a huge amount of tasty beers and a great atmosphere.

Worcester is my home, still go back when I can, will pop in there next time.

He does some good grub too! Copenhagen Street

I’ve had 4 or 5 Saturday afternoon sessions in there over the past 18 months since a mate told me about it.  The chips are boss after a few beers, they do some very good beer too, even had bottles of de garre on a couple occasions which I’ve never seen anywhere other than the pub in Bruges who it’s brewed for (Staminee De Garre, if you find yourself in Bruges, worth a visit)
When in Ostend you really must go to the De Zeeguezen,a proper Belgian boozer.
And don't forget Begian mussels.
(08-06-2023, 11:59 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: I don’t know any Belgium jokes, and if I did, I don’t think it’d be appropriate to…  Oh wait, yes I do. 

What’s Belgium famous for?

Shamima?

Duvel wants a word pal. 

(08-06-2023, 08:11 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Belgium is fuggin ace, the people are great, the beer is great, chicken and chips is great! Oostende is a particular favourite, some brilliant drunken memories. And they really don't like ze Germans (probably more than us) which is amusing. Flemish language/dialect is quite hard IMO.

True of all the Low Countries after WWII.  Watch The Black Book - brilliant film on the very subject

I know exactly why you like that film, you bad biff.
Ghent a fantastic city - as per Manc’s comments.

There’s one pub that’s the only place in the world that sells their home brewed triple beer. They reckon it’s about 14.5% and you can only buy three small glasses.

I had 2 small glasses and that’s probably why I don’t remember it’s name, the pub, or getting home

It’s named after a massive church bell as that’s how your head feels the next day.
(08-07-2023, 12:53 PM)Netherbaggy Wrote: When in Ostend you really must go to the De Zeeguezen,a proper Belgian boozer.
And don't forget Begian mussels.

Jean Claude Van Damme?
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
I love the von honsebrouk beers, more commonly known as Kasteel
(08-07-2023, 02:01 PM)Fido Wrote:

Duvel wants a word pal. 

(08-06-2023, 08:11 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Belgium is fuggin ace, the people are great, the beer is great, chicken and chips is great! Oostende is a particular favourite, some brilliant drunken memories. And they really don't like ze Germans (probably more than us) which is amusing. Flemish language/dialect is quite hard IMO.

True of all the Low Countries after WWII.  Watch The Black Book - brilliant film on the very subject

I know exactly why you like that film, you bad biff.

Heh heh you old fox