Greeting from Belgium
Belgium is fuggin ace, the people are great, the beer is great, chicken and chips is great! Oostende is a particular favourite, some brilliant drunken memories. And they really don't like ze Germans (probably more than us) which is amusing. Flemish language/dialect is quite hard IMO.
Belgium one of the only countries I travel to that makes me miss UK weather, always, always lashing it down whatever time of year I go.
(08-06-2023, 08:11 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Belgium is fuggin ace, the people are great, the beer is great, chicken and chips is great! Oostende is a particular favourite, some brilliant drunken memories. And they really don't like ze Germans (probably more than us) which is amusing. Flemish language/dialect is quite hard IMO.

It really is. Antwerp is one of my favourite places. The whole country is perfectly laid back.
Where in Belgium? I used to travel to Brussels a lot for work, outside of the central touristy bit it is a dump. Brugges is lovely, I used to get the train there (about 1.5 hr) as often as I could.
(08-07-2023, 09:26 AM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(08-06-2023, 08:11 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Belgium is fuggin ace, the people are great, the beer is great, chicken and chips is great! Oostende is a particular favourite, some brilliant drunken memories. And they really don't like ze Germans (probably more than us) which is amusing. Flemish language/dialect is quite hard IMO.

It really is. Antwerp is one of my favourite places. The whole country is perfectly laid back.

They’re not laid back when you need to sack one of them. Unionised to fugg that lot!
Fave Belgian beer is Kwak

Leuven and Antwerp are decent towns and Brussels Grand Place is a great square for a beer
(08-07-2023, 10:21 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-07-2023, 09:26 AM)Tom Joad Wrote:

They’re not laid back when you need to sack one of them. Unionised to fugg that lot!

They're too laid back when you're trying to get back from Spa Francorchamps though!
(08-06-2023, 07:10 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(08-06-2023, 12:02 PM)HugeHons Wrote: If any of you lot are in Worcester,a friend of mine owns TripelB Belgian Beer Cafe. Top lad who’s also a Albion season ticket holder and travels to many away games. He stocks a huge amount of tasty beers and a great atmosphere.

Worcester is my home, still go back when I can, will pop in there next time.

He does some good grub too! Copenhagen Street
Actually organised a weekend with my friend to go up there based on that recommendation so I'll go check it out.
(08-07-2023, 10:25 AM)Ournextstriker Wrote: Fave Belgian beer is Kwak

Leuven and Antwerp are decent towns and Brussels Grand Place is a great square for a beer

Duvel wants a word pal. 

Belgium is top drawer.  Had a mate at the European College at Bruges in the 90s and went to euro 2000 there.  

Ghent Antwerp Bruges and Brussels all excellent.  V underrated and beats Holland for me

True of all the Low Countries after WWII.  Watch The Black Book - brilliant film on the very subject