I agreed with Duffers but now I disagree
(05-21-2023, 11:28 AM)Super-Okay Wrote:
(05-21-2023, 11:10 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(05-21-2023, 11:00 AM)Super-Okay Wrote: If Guardiola had achieved what he had at say Manchester United or Liverpool (more historic clubs) than Manchester City he would no doubt be revered more.

He managed Bayern and Barcelona, Ziz.

I know - both prestigious clubs in respective countireis.

However in England he has done it at Man City.

Not as revered as Man United.

Pep even would admit this privately.

Simply Man City do not have the history of Man United

He’s could have done it with any club with that level of spending. 
It’s hardly like he has won the league like Leicester did. 
The weight of money year after year for over a decade has bought this.
(05-21-2023, 11:59 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(05-21-2023, 11:00 AM)Super-Okay Wrote: If Guardiola had achieved what he had at say Manchester United or Liverpool (more historic clubs) than Manchester City he would no doubt be revered more.

Too many are missing my point….the gravitas at Pep doing what he has at Manchester United far outweighs what he has done at Manchester City.

Why?

The history and the fan base  of United is far superior to City

Money can never buy history

His achievements would have meant more at a club like United in comparison to City

I agree, Spandau, with that sort of money he could have done it at Grimsby. I know many admire the wonderful football and the consistent professional attitude it takes to beat all and sundry, I simply find it dull. Having said that, the thought of Chelsea fans watching City get the trophy, that is a thing of beauty.
(05-21-2023, 03:30 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:

I agree, Spandau, with that sort of money he could have done it at Grimsby. I know many admire the wonderful football and the consistent professional attitude it takes to beat all and sundry, I simply find it dull. Having said that, the thought of Chelsea fans watching City get the trophy, that is a thing of beauty.

Whenever you get a period of dominance in any sport it becomes boring. Man City are so far ahead of the rest that any sense of unpredictability during their matches has practically vanished. They can be great to watch but they are also too clinical in the way that they play for my taste.
(05-21-2023, 03:38 PM)BradleyFromTheHalfWayLine Wrote:
(05-21-2023, 03:30 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(05-21-2023, 11:10 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: He managed Bayern and Barcelona, Ziz.

Whenever you get a period of dominance in any sport it becomes boring. Man City are so far ahead of the rest that any sense of unpredictability during their matches has practically vanished. They can be great to watch but they are also too clinical in the way that they play for my taste.

Sport is about competition. 
The Prem has created a monster that has eaten the game. Now only 5 or 6 clubs can win more than they lose over the season and dream of the game’s silverware. 
Meanwhile 25-30 clubs that could go shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Manchester City, Chelsea and Newcastle for decades are now bit part players in a soap opera that revolves around the moneyed few. 
It really can’t go on like this. 
Surely another decade of such disparity will be too much and change called for. 
As wonderful as City are as a footballing team the achievements has no real merit. 
Millions of football fans are being shortchanged by the modern game. 
That’s why i currently don’t miss us being in the Prem. The only reason to be there is financial.
This article is nearly 4 years old but even more relevant now.
https://www.thearticle.com/the-premier-l...h-football
They’re the Lance Armstrong of football.

Better than everyone else and breaking all the records… because they’ve cheated and doped themselves (financially).
(05-21-2023, 06:53 PM)Duffers Wrote: They’re the Lance Armstrong of football.

Better than everyone else and breaking all the records… because they’ve cheated and doped themselves (financially).

A find analogy Duffers.
Sadly though there seems a new breed of fan who really isn’t interested in anything but the soap opera of the big 6, who probably have no interest even in the relegation battle at the bottom. 
These twats support Man U or Liverpool but have never been to the grounds or probably the cities and are more interested in a one liner from Klopp rather than any games not involving a handful of clubs.
The modern game appeal’s perfectly to these vacuous tosspots who just follow a brand.
But, but, but the football is amazing
(05-21-2023, 07:14 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: But, but, but the football is amazing

And that is the argument from those tossers I’ve just described.
(05-21-2023, 07:18 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(05-21-2023, 07:14 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: But, but, but the football is amazing

And that is the argument from those tossers I’ve just described.

You’re just jealous…