Projections For GE
(05-05-2023, 05:43 PM)Ournextstriker Wrote:
(05-05-2023, 05:41 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: Indeed. But from an election where as I’ve mentioned above, many key swing voters haven’t turned out. 750 seats and counting lost for the Tories. Momentum not exactly with them, if you’ll excuse the pun

934 blue losses so far

People were saying could be limited to 400 yesterday...

(05-05-2023, 05:46 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(05-05-2023, 05:39 PM)Protheroe Wrote: This vote share lead barely translates into a majority.

Prefacing this as someone who doesn't want Labour to get a majority so I'm not biased in that respect.

It doesn't on a uniform swing, but models don't factor in tactical voting. The concentration of the vote is more important.

Is correct
Someone could have been killed
(05-05-2023, 05:39 PM)Protheroe Wrote: This vote share lead barely translates into a majority.

Prefacing this as someone who doesn't want Labour to get a majority so I'm not biased in that respect.

It doesn't on a uniform swing, but models don't factor in tactical voting. The concentration of the vote is more important.

On the contrary. I'd much prefer Labour to get a working majority than any of the other likely scenarios.
I see the highly educated and professional pro Europe SE and South is giving the Tories a good kicking. If only our own area wasn’t so slavishly trying to convince itself that they are on their side.
Does the 1000th Tory to lose their seat get a prize?

(05-05-2023, 06:10 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

On the contrary. I'd much prefer Labour to get a working majority than any of the other likely scenarios.

Fuck me!!!
(05-05-2023, 06:11 PM)Ournextstriker Wrote: Does the 1000th Tory to lose their seat get a prize?

A weekend youth hosteling with Liz Truss and a cheese platter for two.
A mortgage that is affordable and a trolley dash with no perishables
(05-05-2023, 06:10 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I see the highly educated and professional pro Europe SE and South is giving the Tories a good kicking. If only our own area wasn’t so slavishly trying to convince itself that they are on their side.

An awful lot of those also voted for Corbyn which illustrates that qualifications are no measure of intellect.
(05-05-2023, 06:17 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(05-05-2023, 06:10 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I see the highly educated and professional pro Europe SE and South is giving the Tories a good kicking. If only our own area wasn’t so slavishly trying to convince itself that they are on their side.

An awful lot of those also voted for Corbyn which illustrates that qualifications are no measure of intellect.

Something, something university of life…
Whatever happens at the GE, last night has undoubtedly turned into an absolute shoeing. 21 years since Labour held the majority in UK wide seats
(05-05-2023, 06:10 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

Well I don't, for fairly obvious reasons.