Linekar wins the tax appeal
To be fair, I didn't realise that Lineker operated as a Partnership. It's the first I've read of that and it seems a bizarre way to structure your affairs.

I'll happily withdraw my suggestion of him being a tax avoider as he appears to have paid more than he might otherwise have. What a dickhead though.
(03-28-2023, 03:05 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Any chance of explaining that in normal English, for those of us who don't do tax avoiding ?

Did you find it a taxing read? Big Grin
I told you I’ll be back
(03-28-2023, 04:08 PM)Protheroe Wrote: To be fair, I didn't realise that Lineker operated as a Partnership. It's the first I've read of  that and it seems a bizarre way to structure your affairs.

I'll happily withdraw my suggestion of him being a tax avoider as he appears to have paid more than he might otherwise have. What a dickhead though.

I’m just relieved he can now share his opinion on the Tory Nazis at his leisure
Someone could have been killed
(03-28-2023, 04:05 PM)GMBaggie Wrote:
(03-28-2023, 03:41 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-28-2023, 03:22 PM)GMBaggie Wrote:
(03-28-2023, 03:07 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: That’s made a lot of very loud empty right leaning vessels very angry indeed!
So you're a supporter of tax avoidance schemes? Strange that.

Ruling here

Stop reading the Daily Mail

Shhh!
So you support tax avoidance schemes then.

He hasn’t click the link and read the article. As Proth said he paid more rather than less than he had to. 

Stop reading the Daily Mail
HMRC wasting tax payers money here not him. What a waste of time.
(03-28-2023, 03:05 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Any chance of explaining that in normal English, for those of us who don't do tax avoiding ?

That WAS normal English!  For lawyers....
(03-28-2023, 04:29 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote:
(03-28-2023, 04:08 PM)Protheroe Wrote: To be fair, I didn't realise that Lineker operated as a Partnership. It's the first I've read of  that and it seems a bizarre way to structure your affairs.

I'm relieved that readers of his opinions will now realise what a dickhead he is paying more tax than he necessarily needed to.
(03-28-2023, 05:19 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

I'm relieved that readers of his opinions will now realise what a dickhead he is paying more tax than he necessarily needed to.

Or what a decent person he is, who is happy to support society through his taxes. 

Some on here are still trying to grapple with idea he hasn’t tried to avoid tax presumably due to difficulty accessing the internet. Wink
(03-28-2023, 05:19 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

Yea cause that will make us lefty, liberals really hate him.  Excessive tax paying bastard. Unlike the Z man....true hero. Sometimes I do wonder if you have any concept of thought patterns outside your own.
(03-28-2023, 04:26 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

Did you find it a taxing read? Big Grin

Just the usual guff that accountant types use to confuse and bamboozle people, cuz if they spoke proper and wrote stuff in words wot it means they'd be out of a job. I've got a calculator I don't need an acuntant