Linekar wins the tax appeal
The FTT has released it decision in Gary Lineker and Danielle Bux T/A Gary Lineker Media v HMRC [2021] UKFTT 101 (TC), the first case to consider the applicability of IR35 to a general partnership.

Rejecting the taxpayer’s arguments that (1) the legislation did not apply to general partnerships as a matter of principle (para 70) and (2) there was no partnership as a matter of law (para 83), the FTT (Judge Brooks) nonetheless found that the services were provided under contracts directly between Mr Lineker and the BBC / BT Sport as he signed each contract as principal in respect of his own services (paras 91-94). As such, s.49 Income Tax (Earnings and Pensions) Act 2003 did not apply and the appeal was allowed.
Any chance of explaining that in normal English, for those of us who don't do tax avoiding ?
That’s made a lot of very loud empty right leaning vessels very angry indeed!
I'LL TAKE HIS VIEWS ON IMMIGRATION SERIOUSLY WHEN HES PAYED HIS £5M TAX BILL
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
(03-28-2023, 03:07 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: That’s made a lot of very loud empty right leaning vessels very angry indeed!
So you're a supporter of tax avoidance schemes? Strange that.
(03-28-2023, 03:11 PM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote: I'LL TAKE HIS VIEWS ON IMMIGRATION SERIOUSLY WHEN HES PAYED HIS £5M TAX BILL

Hi Proth
Someone could have been killed
(03-28-2023, 03:30 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote:
(03-28-2023, 03:11 PM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote: I'LL TAKE HIS VIEWS ON IMMIGRATION SERIOUSLY WHEN HES PAYED HIS £5M TAX BILL

Hi Proth

HOPEFULLY YOU LIKED MY NUANCED APPROACH TO DEMANDING MORE TIME FOR ZAGAWI AND IMMEDIATE DECAPITATION OF JUG EARS
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
wE dONT kNOW tHE fULL fACTS oN mY fRIEND fROM WHATSAPP gROUPS bUT tHAT mARXIST lINIKER sHOULD cOUGH uP
Someone could have been killed
(03-28-2023, 03:22 PM)GMBaggie Wrote:
(03-28-2023, 03:07 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: That’s made a lot of very loud empty right leaning vessels very angry indeed!

Ruling here

Stop reading the Daily Mail

Shhh!
(03-28-2023, 03:41 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-28-2023, 03:22 PM)GMBaggie Wrote:

Ruling here

Stop reading the Daily Mail

Shhh!
So you support tax avoidance schemes then.