5 at the back?
(10-08-2022, 01:17 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: The formation that best suits this group for me.

Three at the back with Livermore and Okay in front. Townsend and Phillips aren't defenders are they. Interested to see if it brings about a change in fortune. Probably not.

Is that a good thing? Neither players are ball carriers, I'm very worried that the front three will be isolated and we'd be reliant on crosses to a lone Thomas-Asante who's not exactly the tallest player.

It may address our defensive liabilities, especially early gates, but we need to win
Just read on SkySportsNewsShite that Bruce has never beaten Luton in his managerial career with 2 loses from 3 games.
Palmer
Kelly O'Shea Pieters
Phillips Livermore Okay Townsend
Wallace BTA Grady

Lots of aimless crossing opportunities today....
He's taking my advice Big Grin flood the midfield and change it on the infamous 60 minutes and get the attackers on.
Hopefully we aren't more than 1 goal down as the hour ticks by.
I would like the points, but playing the old un's is not the way to go. Fingers crossed Bruce and his family are still
leaving not matter what the result.
COYB
(10-08-2022, 01:30 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: He's taking my advice Big Grin flood the midfield and change it on the infamous 60 minutes and get the attackers on.
Hopefully we aren't more than 1 goal down as the hour ticks by.
I would like the points, but playing the old un's is not the way to go. Fingers crossed Bruce and his family are still
leaving not matter what the result.
COYB

If I was playing Luton, I wouldn’t play cautiously for 60 minutes FFS

(10-08-2022, 01:26 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Just read on SkySportsNewsShite that Bruce has never beaten Luton in his managerial career with 2 loses from 3 games.

Laughs!!!
Ten at the back, and we might steal a draw.
(10-08-2022, 01:13 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote:
(10-08-2022, 01:05 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Gone back to Vals 3-4-3 haven’t we?

Cuzer

Possibly, or he could be playing O'Shea at right-back with Townsend or Pieters alongside Kelly! That would free up Phillips to be the No.10! Big Grin 

Speaking of Phillips, why would you start someone who's noted for chickening out of tackles against a combative Luton side?

If Luton are energetic and pacy against our Dad's Army selection then we could be in for a long afternoon.

Pacey played for Luton in the 1959 Cup final and dcored I think. I don't expect he's still playing.
Barmy Bobby territory here. Random team selection. If it works, it's legitimate to ask why it took Bruce so long to think of it. I really don't know what to hope for here.
Front four are doing well but feels like six at the back almost.