Martin Kelly confirmed
(09-01-2022, 08:42 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 08:39 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: A lot of posters pontificating about the type of deal we should offer to a 32 year old. Perhaps you guys have forgotten that Ajayi limped off to the treatment room for a 6 week stay, leaving O'Shea and Bartley as first choice with no backup. I'd say Kelly or anyone else was in a strong bargaining position.

In other words, Bruce's decisions earlier in the window which left us with only 3 centre-backs have led to us having to makie a panic signing on deadline day.

I would have kept Kipre. Bruce didn't seem to like him (too young and too foreign I guess), but do you think he has any choice when it comes to reducing squad size and wage bill? Lai stole the money, not Bruce.
I don't have any particular issue with the player...I barely remember him playing.

My issue is that he has been available since July 1st, why leave it to now, when he will need some time to get up to match fitness.

If it is to cover Ajayis injury, why bring in a player who is almost certainly not immediately available to play, and why a 2 year deal.
(09-01-2022, 10:16 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: I don't have any particular issue with the player...I barely remember him playing.

My issue is that he has been available since July 1st, why leave it to now, when he will need some time to get up to match fitness.

If it is to cover Ajayis injury, why bring in a player who is almost certainly not immediately available to play, and why a 2 year deal.

Also, I think I'm right in saying that out of contract players can be signed after the window is closed?
(09-01-2022, 10:16 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: I don't have any particular issue with the player...I barely remember him playing.

Bruce said "We've got something up our sleeves...." When asked about defender cover. I wouldn't be surprised to hear he's been training with us for a while.
Did we describe him as an England international? I haven't clicked the official site yet to see
(09-01-2022, 10:21 PM)Sliced Wrote:

Also, I think I'm right in saying that out of contract players can be signed after the window is closed?
Yes, completely correct. And that will where we will be trying to pick up a striker I imagine.

(09-01-2022, 10:24 PM)Sliced Wrote: Did we describe him as an England international? I haven't clicked the official site yet to see

Former international as described on the OS!
(09-01-2022, 10:24 PM)Sliced Wrote: Did we describe him as an England international? I haven't clicked the official site yet to see

Doesn't he hold the record for the shortest ever England International career? Two minutes as a sub.
(09-01-2022, 10:30 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:

Doesn't he hold the record for the shortest ever England International career? Two minutes as a sub.

If true that is a top fact
(09-01-2022, 10:32 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 10:30 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:

If true that is a top fact

"Twenty-four minutes is not even enough to make it into the top 20 for shortest England careers, a list still topped by Crystal Palace’s Martin Kelly (two minutes 39 seconds against Norway when a Liverpool player in 2012)."