Six years
Worst. WuM. Ever.
Thought this was another Brexit thread !!! Smile
(08-29-2022, 09:27 AM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: Worst. WuM. Ever.

Do you think we will be promoted? I have seen nothing so far to suggest it’s likely.
(08-29-2022, 08:50 AM)BaggieBaggieBromBrom Wrote: We are a miserable club in every sense. Who on earth would be interested in purchasing us? Only a crook or a madman would consider it.

The Seals are having a tough time, granted.

But don't be so hard on yourself.
(08-29-2022, 09:29 AM)BaggieBaggieBromBrom Wrote:

Do you think we will be promoted? I have seen nothing so far to suggest it’s likely.

Win it by 15 points based on what Ive seen. What’s next for maximising your bank holiday, quick shuffle into your friend sock?
(08-29-2022, 09:36 AM)CaptainFantastico Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 09:29 AM)BaggieBaggieBromBrom Wrote:

Win it by 15 points based on what Ive seen. What’s next for maximising your bank holiday, quick shuffle into your friend sock?
Back to bed for a bit before walking the mutt.
(08-29-2022, 08:50 AM)BaggieBaggieBromBrom Wrote: We are a miserable club in every sense. Who on earth would be interested in purchasing us? Only a crook or a madman would consider it.

Quelle surprise at yesterday! As I said the other day … A miserable club in every sense.
(08-29-2022, 09:17 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 08:54 AM)Gzbaggy Wrote: We are not

You could make an awful lot of money (over £300 million) by getting a Championship club promoted

Put it this way how many businesses can see their annual turnover go from £20 million to over £120 million in a year?

But I would remind you of a conversation I had with a football agent when I was representing a consortium to buy Bolton (ironically Chinese money). He said if you have £30M to spare, I can put you in touch with a dozen Chump clubs who would want to talk to you, all in a better situation than Bolton.

And therein lies the problem. Our situation is nearer to Coventry. We have owners who would talk about selling, but the price they need is far more than the market dictates - and it would seem they aren't prepared to take a loss. You can buy Blues for £35M, and that includes the £6M  to fix the ground. Why would you pay a premium for West Brom?

Even if we are promoted (which I think is unlikely) it just kicks the can down the road for another 3 years. You make your profit in a deal when you buy an asset, and Lai paid way too much for a club that was 1 bad season away from a long stint in the Championship.

I tend to agree with most of what you say , Coventry do not own their ground though. I assume had the consortium purchased Bolton they would have inherited a lot of debt.

Compared with(most) other EFL clubs we are a reasonable buy, so long as you point out Lai (or whoever is financing him) is prepared to accept a loss on his investment. It is difficult to see how he is going to get it back