Rangers
(05-06-2022, 08:57 AM)TTM2 Wrote: Where is it? Just so I can 100% avoid being within 300 miles of the place.

Final is in Seville.
Clarnet v2.0
Frankfurt travel in huge numbers & are very feisty

Going to be carnage
(05-06-2022, 09:06 AM)Loanee Wrote: Frankfurt travel in huge numbers & are very feisty

Going to be carnage

Indeed. If you wish to see Seville in all its glory, go before the final. It may be a while before its fixed up again. It'll take a month to replenish the beer supplies.
(05-06-2022, 08:11 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 08:07 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 08:01 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 07:59 AM)UCEbaggie Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 07:35 AM)Duffers Wrote: I tend to find a good rule of thumb is any English person who has <English club> and Rangers/Celtic in their social media bio is usually a racist.

I’ve spent a fair bit of time in Scotland recently and the level of hatred towards Rangers from supporters of other teams is staggering. Obviously they dislike Celtic but Rangers is next level visceral loathing. Relates to the Huns being firmly rooted within the establishment and the frankly appalling behaviour of their supporters for the last fuck knows how long. 

As a neutral observer I was drawn in to the excitement and atmosphere of that game last night but my enthusiasm was tempered by the fact that fundamentally they are a hateful club with a significantly hateful fan base

I never forgave them for their last European final when hundreds of thousands of the cunts descended on Manchester and used the place as one big toilet.

Indeed, I was living there at the time but fortunately was out of the country. One of my friends was working in that glass bar in Piccadilly Gardens and she, along with half the bar staff there had to lock themselves in the cellar it got so nasty. Absolutely hateful set of fans and Celtic not a great deal better.

I lived in the city centre at the time (directly about 5th Avenue) and it was fucking awful.

There aren’t many occasions where Russian fans will be seen as the innocent and more placid party in any arrangement. Luckily Seville isn’t just a 4 hour drive down the motorway so doubt they’ll be travelling in anywhere near the same numbers.

Living above 5th Ave, did you ever sleep? Used to leave that place with no idea what time of day it was or what my sexuality was anymore!
(05-06-2022, 08:48 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 07:35 AM)Duffers Wrote: I tend to find a good rule of thumb is any English person who has <English club> and Rangers/Celtic in their social media bio is usually a racist.

Such a strange statement.

True though. You have to question what draws English people to a Scottish club with a long and established history of sectarianism.
(05-06-2022, 07:59 AM)UCEbaggie Wrote:

I’ve spent a fair bit of time in Scotland recently and the level of hatred towards Rangers from supporters of other teams is staggering. Obviously they dislike Celtic but Rangers is next level visceral loathing. Relates to the Huns being firmly rooted within the establishment and the frankly appalling behaviour of their supporters for the last fuck knows how long. 

As a neutral observer I was drawn in to the excitement and atmosphere of that game last night but my enthusiasm was tempered by the fact that fundamentally they are a hateful club with a significantly hateful fan base

I never forgave them for their last European final when hundreds of thousands of the cunts descended on Manchester and used the place as one big toilet.

Indeed, I was living there at the time but fortunately was out of the country. One of my friends was working in that glass bar in Piccadilly Gardens and she, along with half the bar staff there had to lock themselves in the cellar it got so nasty. Absolutely hateful set of fans and Celtic not a great deal better.

I lived in the city centre at the time (directly about 5th Avenue) and it was fucking awful.
You guys need to live in Cheltenham when the shite that attend the National Hunt festival pitch up every year!
(05-06-2022, 10:35 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 07:59 AM)UCEbaggie Wrote: I’ve spent a fair bit of time in Scotland recently and the level of hatred towards Rangers from supporters of other teams is staggering. Obviously they dislike Celtic but Rangers is next level visceral loathing. Relates to the Huns being firmly rooted within the establishment and the frankly appalling behaviour of their supporters for the last fuck knows how long. 

There aren’t many occasions where Russian fans will be seen as the innocent and more placid party in any arrangement. Luckily Seville isn’t just a 4 hour drive down the motorway so doubt they’ll be travelling in anywhere near the same numbers.

Living above 5th Ave, did you ever sleep? Used to leave that place with no idea what time of day it was or what my sexuality was anymore!

5th Av was straight, it was an indie club. You got used to the noise after a while, you even realised that they played the same songs at the same time every night. Lying in bed with the window open I could tell it was 12.30 when the opening baseline of The Coral’s Dreaming of You started up…

Even more worrying was the story that emerged a few years after we moved out of the serial rapist who used to pick up blokes when they came out of 5th Av completely fucked and take them back to his. He operated around the time we lived there and my mate and I often wondered how many times we wandered past him when we were stumbling back from our own adventures.
(05-06-2022, 10:48 AM)Duffers Wrote:

True though. You have to question what draws English people to a Scottish club with a long and established history of sectarianism.

Yeah but but but the Queen!
In the form of his life.
(05-06-2022, 11:44 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:

Buy my great grandmother was born in Roscommon so i support Celtic. Huh
(05-06-2022, 11:44 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:

I think the generalising statement of them being racist is a bit sweeping tbh. The mate of mine that I go up the match with is a big Rangers fan (he has a ST and was there last night and even got his very ugly mug on the TV), he's an Albion ST holder as well and knows very well that I, being of Irish descent, lean towards Celtic. He doesn't hate me, or refuse to do anything with me and we have a bit of banter about it but nothing serious - I've known him and gone to the Albion with him for over 30 years now. We even used to play in the same team and I'd turn up in my Celtic top and him his Rangers.

I've never asked him what his reasons for following Rangers are but I would imagine at some point, being an Abion fan in the 80s and 90s, he thought he'd like to see another team that had big crowds, great atmosphere and won trophies, whilst at the same time didn't give up his love (or conflict with it) for the Albion. I'll ask him next time.

One thing for certain is he isn't racist.