Rangers
I tend to find a good rule of thumb is any English person who has <English club> and Rangers/Celtic in their social media bio is usually a racist.
(05-06-2022, 07:35 AM)Duffers Wrote: I tend to find a good rule of thumb is any English person who has <English club> and Rangers/Celtic in their social media bio is usually a racist.

I’ve spent a fair bit of time in Scotland recently and the level of hatred towards Rangers from supporters of other teams is staggering. Obviously they dislike Celtic but Rangers is next level visceral loathing. Relates to the Huns being firmly rooted within the establishment and the frankly appalling behaviour of their supporters for the last fuck knows how long. 

As a neutral observer I was drawn in to the excitement and atmosphere of that game last night but my enthusiasm was tempered by the fact that fundamentally they are a hateful club with a significantly hateful fan base
(05-06-2022, 07:59 AM)UCEbaggie Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 07:35 AM)Duffers Wrote: I tend to find a good rule of thumb is any English person who has <English club> and Rangers/Celtic in their social media bio is usually a racist.

I’ve spent a fair bit of time in Scotland recently and the level of hatred towards Rangers from supporters of other teams is staggering. Obviously they dislike Celtic but Rangers is next level visceral loathing. Relates to the Huns being firmly rooted within the establishment and the frankly appalling behaviour of their supporters for the last fuck knows how long. 

As a neutral observer I was drawn in to the excitement and atmosphere of that game last night but my enthusiasm was tempered by the fact that fundamentally they are a hateful club with a significantly hateful fan base

I never forgave them for their last European final when hundreds of thousands of the cunts descended on Manchester and used the place as one big toilet.
Willie was the star the last time Rangers won a European trophy.

https://youtu.be/0Eh9kX0Arp0
(05-06-2022, 08:01 AM)Duffers Wrote:

I never forgave them for their last European final when hundreds of thousands of the cunts descended on Manchester and used the place as one big toilet.

Indeed, I was living there at the time but fortunately was out of the country. One of my friends was working in that glass bar in Piccadilly Gardens and she, along with half the bar staff there had to lock themselves in the cellar it got so nasty. Absolutely hateful set of fans and Celtic not a great deal better.
(05-06-2022, 08:07 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 08:01 AM)Duffers Wrote:

Indeed, I was living there at the time but fortunately was out of the country. One of my friends was working in that glass bar in Piccadilly Gardens and she, along with half the bar staff there had to lock themselves in the cellar it got so nasty. Absolutely hateful set of fans and Celtic not a great deal better.

I lived in the city centre at the time (directly about 5th Avenue) and it was fucking awful.
There's loads of Albion fans with an affinity to Rangers, some/many because of Willie.

Ibrox is a superb stadium too, unique in its quality of build.

Its naive to think Scotland and its football tribalism is limited to the Old Firm.

I've been to Celtic v. Hearts, a feisty affair.

Rangers travel in enormous numbers and there have been too many "incidents" unfortunately. But you can't tar them all with the same brush.

Such a strange statement.
Clarnet v2.0
This was an infamous day.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f...ns-7899872
Where is it? Just so I can 100% avoid being within 300 miles of the place.