Big Ron has spoken
The football will never be sparkling under Bruce even if we are doing well but if he can weed out those players who are a heavy weight around our neck in the squad and bring some freshness to I'm all for it .
I've seen a lot of good talking , lets see some movement asap .
He could have lied through his teeth and said we're got money and we're going to spend it, and we're going to integrate the youngsters, and get rid of all the dead wood, and play wonderful football in front of a sold-out Hawthorns every week. Some would no doubt have been taken in by that. Instead he's at least been honest, and he's not said anything remotely different to what most sensible fans expected or already knew. It is what it is. As fans we either suck it up and get on with it, or throw in the towel and go 'down the Grove'/stay in your armchair.
Exactly the sort of statement which papers over the Grand Canyon and desperately shows why a new manager with fresh ideas shoukd have been brought in

What a buffoon he is

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(05-04-2022, 05:59 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote: Well I read it and I'm pleased with the realistic recognition of where we're at. And the bit about Bruce and Gourlay being"in total agreement".

Prioritising transfer funds for catering
Deary me it’s an honest statement of intent and where we are as a club. Some of the miserable, churlish responses are far more depressing.
Usual platitudes with the usual caveats, dressed up nicely in the hope people will renew.

It’s nice that there is some honesty regarding past transfer policy as well as some straight-talking regarding the state of things. But how could he really say anything else. I don’t think a statement can really be judged ahead of the activity it promises, but it doesn’t exactly promise much. Time will tell.
"We never hear from the club"

The club makes an announcement 

"What a load of bollox"
Can someone explain what this means
“…we continue to pay [high wages and] significant amortised fees for previous transfers, which inevitably restricts what we can commit to transfers this summer. With that in mind, I simply will not spend more than we can afford.”

Does this mean we haven’t yet paid, cash, for players we’ve brought in?
(05-04-2022, 07:35 PM)SussexBaggie Wrote: Can someone explain what this means
“…we continue to pay [high wages and]  significant amortised fees for previous transfers, which inevitably restricts what we can commit to transfers this summer. With that in mind, I simply will not spend more than we can afford.”

Does this mean we haven’t yet paid, cash, for players we’ve brought in?

Yes.
Seems we had even less money than we thought last season!
(05-04-2022, 05:11 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 04:56 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: I'd like to pull him up on his comment about villa getting to a play off final with limited resources.

Villa were a basket case at the time. Yes, a push to say limited funds. But they were nothing like now. Snodgrass as I recall was one of their best players that season. Chester their main defender. Scott Hogan and Lewis Grabban up front.

Fifth highest wage bill in championship history that season. Fourth highest the season after.

"limited resources"

How much did Bruce spend on Scott Hogan? 9 million was it?