Big Ron has spoken
Nothing new really. 

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/ron-gourlays-...tG2XwbvXyU

Cheap and nasty signings incoming!   Big Grin
I'd like to pull him up on his comment about villa getting to a play off final with limited resources.
Now I'm absolutely buzzing, & full of hope for the forthcoming season.   Rolleyes
If ever there was an uninspiring statement at season ticket renewal time, this is it.

"I understand the frustrations of our supporters and I will do all in my power to help build a team they can be proud of next season"

"P.S. We're keeping Steve Bruce on, who's failed dismally so far and not achieved what he was brought in to do"
(05-04-2022, 04:56 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: I'd like to pull him up on his comment about villa getting to a play off final with limited resources.

Villa were a basket case at the time. Yes, a push to say limited funds. But they were nothing like now. Snodgrass as I recall was one of their best players that season. Chester their main defender. Scott Hogan and Lewis Grabban up front.
(05-04-2022, 04:56 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: I'd like to pull him up on his comment about villa getting to a play off final with limited resources.

Yes, the transfers in including some very expensive loans - Bolasie, Abraham and Mings - would indicate otherwise!  

"Steve Bruce and I are in total agreement" .   Rolleyes
Nothing new or unexpected in that.
A damning comment on our players re hunger and desire. We know it to be true but good to see him laying it on the line and saying it.

Personally I think they have to be given a chance to sort out this mess.
(05-04-2022, 05:12 PM)Cornflake Wrote: A damning comment on our players re hunger and desire. We know it to be true but good to see him laying it on the line and saying it.

Personally I think they have to be given a chance to sort out this mess.

They certainly have a lot of 'experience'.
(05-04-2022, 05:12 PM)Cornflake Wrote: Personally I think they have to be given a chance to sort out this mess.

Gourlay's been here in one capacity or another for the entire pre-season and season. At what point does any of it start to become his responsibility?