Manchester
(04-09-2022, 07:18 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 07:02 AM)SophLad Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 06:41 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: In population terms Brum is bigger and that isn’t a wonderful place either.

Personally as Manchester has two hugely prominent football clubs and is entrenched with the Britpop music culture I think many consider it the 2nd city anyhow.

Brum lags far behind culturally.
Absolute bollocks. The only people who think Manchester is the 2nd city are from Manchester, the stupid swaggering gobshite twats.

Sorry Soph, looks like you’re kidding yourself and you need to reappraise.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/mi...433529.amp

That article refers to the UK.

If it was just England I'd put Brum ahead of Manchester, which may be nothing more than regional bias. If we're really talking about the UK I don't see how anybody could put either of them ahead of Edinburgh.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_GDP
(04-09-2022, 06:41 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: In population terms Brum is bigger and that isn’t a wonderful place either.

Personally as Manchester has two hugely prominent football clubs and is entrenched with the Britpop music culture I think many consider it the 2nd city anyhow.

Not like you to talk a massive load of old stinky shite…
(04-09-2022, 08:33 AM)Dumbo Wrote:

Not like you to talk a massive load of old stinky shite…
Ask virtually anyone outside the W Mids and you’ll get the same answer. Good to see you continue to live up to your username.
Brum is the second city (there used to be a set of new plays on national telly from Brum studios called "Second City Firsts" which is a helpful reference).

Manchester a miles better city than Brum, mind.

(04-09-2022, 07:13 AM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 07:02 AM)SophLad Wrote:

Absolute bollocks. The only people who think Manchester is the 2nd city are from Manchester, the stupid swaggering gobshite twats.
I know Mancbaggie... and I can confirm the truth of this profound observation.

I agree and confirm.  Plus he swills lager.
I don't think I've ever had a good time in Manchester. City centre is too spread out, everyone talks funny and walks about with a chip on their shoulder. Isn't and will never be the second city.
You know that Manchester knows it’s not really the second city because they had to use taxpayer’s money to fund an ad campaign to tel everyone it was.
0121,    is all....
(04-09-2022, 09:43 AM)Tom Joad Wrote: 0121,    is all....

Sorry to disappoint, Tom, but apart from London, phone codes are alphabetical:

0121 Brum
0131 Edinburgh
0141 Glasgow
0151 Liverpool
0161 Manchester
In other news, do we dislike Villa or Wolves more?