Manchester
Manchester trying to be second city.Its frightening what a shithole
In population terms Brum is bigger and that isn’t a wonderful place either.

Personally as Manchester has two hugely prominent football clubs and is entrenched with the Britpop music culture I think many consider it the 2nd city anyhow.

Brum lags far behind culturally.
(04-09-2022, 06:41 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: In population terms Brum is bigger and that isn’t a wonderful place either.

Personally as Manchester has two hugely prominent football clubs and is entrenched with the Britpop music culture I think many consider it the 2nd city anyhow.

Absolute bollocks. The only people who think Manchester is the 2nd city are from Manchester, the stupid swaggering gobshite twats.
(04-09-2022, 07:02 AM)SophLad Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 06:41 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: In population terms Brum is bigger and that isn’t a wonderful place either.

Absolute bollocks. The only people who think Manchester is the 2nd city are from Manchester, the stupid swaggering gobshite twats.
I know Mancbaggie... and I can confirm the truth of this profound observation.
(04-09-2022, 07:02 AM)SophLad Wrote:

Sorry Soph, looks like you’re kidding yourself and you need to reappraise.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/mi...433529.amp
Bilston not even mentioned.
Full of shite. The people know fuck all - just look at election results!
Manchester - wank, wank, wank.
Brum and Black Country folk, understated and modest on the whole. Constantly playing the area and themselves down and look back far too much.

Manchester folk, cocky, and shout loudly about their success. You do feel they welcome and celebrate culture more and aren’t as cowed by small c conservatism than Brum and the BC are.

Observation about Brum, having been recently… rubbish fugging everywhere on the streets outside the city centre.
Having lived in both Manchester and Birmingham for a substantial period of time I much preferred the former.