Bruce out now!!
(03-01-2022, 05:08 PM)johntoewba Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 04:47 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 10:07 AM)Cuzer Wrote: Anybody who has kicked a ball or managed a team at any level knows you play to your strengths, if we had 3 Pereira's in our squad you would play through the lines, on the deck, allow movement in behind etc

Our best players are our centre halves, we should be 3 at the back all season, Bruce tried to change this to gain popularity as clearly he was told the fans had enough of 3-4-3 when actually as we can now see 5 games in it's comfortably our best system. Clarke who I've stated has been our best defender by a distance this season, gets bombed and now under Bruce we've gone from the best defence in the league to one of the worse

Derek it's not rocked science fella, if you've got workers, grafters in the middle of the park playing thorugh midfield isn't a priority, Val was all about get the ball wide and get the ball in the box, as frustrated as I was at times with this and his stubbounress we did create, we were craving a number 9 and got Hugill and then Dike got injured, Val was desperate for a midfielder in Jan, the club didn't deliver

You play to your strengths, Val was doing this, Bruce hasn't a clue what our strengths are, season is gone, he should go after Saturday and let Mozza and Brunt finish the season and we start planning now for a summer of recruitment, change and a new manager

Absolute shitshow

Cuzer

Spot on. This spineless bunch stopped working the second they sensed they could be rid of the last manager. Lai racing over here to sanction the signing of Dike showed he was still keeping the faith. Then the  injury to Dike was a huge moment that will shape our future for, quite possibly, many years. We all saw what happened next.
Now tell me honestly, would it not have been better to put up with some moaning from the fans (and the players who were unhappy about having to put a shift in), and wait for Dike to come back?
I'll also add, the SamJ debacle and the players that sided with him,  AGAINST the club and it's fans should absolutely be told to get on with it- Fergie style.

Totally agree as far as I am concerned Johnstone should have never played for the club again. I don’t disagree with vals sacking but he stood up to someone who quite frankly doesn’t want to be here and had a tantrum because he showed a complete lack of discipline and then expected to come straight back in the starting 11. If I was Bruce now I would bomb him out of the squad and tell him a big fuck you. No one is bigger than the club and if any of the current squad kicked off aswell I would Bomb them out aswell. These overpaid uncaring cunts need teaching a lesson

Have them in every day training, every time they don't show fine them a weeks wages. Act like a baby treat them like a baby. Simples. SB certainly needs to make an example of one or two.
That last string of posts which finished up debating the Sam Johnstone situation is at the core of our problems IMO. Steve Bruce won't be in "show them who's boss" mode because it's never been his style and he is probably emotionally broken by his experiences at Newcastle Utd. What he'll be doing is relying on his most trusted players to keep him on the right path with the squad. And these players are probably Johnstone and Livermore.

Livermore - fragile character, probably a great guy but a poor captain. Johnstone - reluctant Baggie who sparked the players' revolt by refusing to do what the coach asked him to do. I'm prepared to put Ajayi at the scene of the crime as well. His immediate restoration to the team and his continued presence despite disastrous form can only be based on advice from Bruce's confidantes within the squad. It's easy to imagine that Frenchman Cedric Kipre was (like Mowatt) one of Val's gang, while Ajayi was very vocal in the press about how unhappy he was to be out of the team.

There's something very, very wrong at the heart of this squad of players. I don't think Bruce has a clue how to deal with it.
(03-01-2022, 10:07 AM)Cuzer Wrote: Anybody who has kicked a ball or managed a team at any level knows you play to your strengths, if we had 3 Pereira's in our squad you would play through the lines, on the deck, allow movement in behind etc

Our best players are our centre halves, we should be 3 at the back all season, Bruce tried to change this to gain popularity as clearly he was told the fans had enough of 3-4-3 when actually as we can now see 5 games in it's comfortably our best system. Clarke who I've stated has been our best defender by a distance this season, gets bombed and now under Bruce we've gone from the best defence in the league to one of the worse

Derek it's not rocked science fella, if you've got workers, grafters in the middle of the park playing thorugh midfield isn't a priority, Val was all about get the ball wide and get the ball in the box, as frustrated as I was at times with this and his stubbounress we did create, we were craving a number 9 and got Hugill and then Dike got injured, Val was desperate for a midfielder in Jan, the club didn't deliver

You play to your strengths, Val was doing this, Bruce hasn't a clue what our strengths are, season is gone, he should go after Saturday and let Mozza and Brunt finish the season and we start planning now for a summer of recruitment, change and a new manager

Absolute shitshow

Cuzer

Spot on. This spineless bunch stopped working the second they sensed they could be rid of the last manager. Lai racing over here to sanction the signing of Dike showed he was still keeping the faith. Then the  injury to Dike was a huge moment that will shape our future for, quite possibly, many years. We all saw what happened next.
Now tell me honestly, would it not have been better to put up with some moaning from the fans (and the players who were unhappy about having to put a shift in), and wait for Dike to come back?
I'll also add, the SamJ debacle and the players that sided with him,  AGAINST the club and it's fans should absolutely be told to get on with it- Fergie style.

Totally agree as far as I am concerned Johnstone should have never played for the club again. I don’t disagree with vals sacking but he stood up to someone who quite frankly doesn’t want to be here and had a tantrum because he showed a complete lack of discipline and then expected to come straight back in the starting 11. If I was Bruce now I would bomb him out of the squad and tell him a big fuck you. No one is bigger than the club and if any of the current squad kicked off aswell I would Bomb them out aswell. These overpaid uncaring cunts need teaching a lesson

What?

The injury to Dike was a "huge moment that will shape our future for many years"?!

I'd bet everything I own that had Dike been available, nothing would be any different. Carroll has made zero impact. We cannot create. At all. Nothing. Zilch. Dike would make no difference at all.

The issue is in midfield. We have no drive, ability or creativity there.
(03-01-2022, 06:17 PM)Moore Than Wrote:

Absolute shitshow

Cuzer

What?

The injury to Dike was a "huge moment that will shape our future for many years"?!

I'd bet everything I own that had Dike been available, nothing would be any different. Carroll has made zero impact. We cannot create. At all. Nothing. Zilch. Dike would make no difference at all.

I never thought Dike could fix it on his own. The final nail for Val was Johnstone's hissy fit. That will shape our future more than Dike's hamstring.
Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:
Moore Than Wrote:
johntoewba Wrote:
Tom Joad Wrote:
Cuzer Wrote:Anybody who has kicked a ball or managed a team at any level knows you play to your strengths, if we had 3 Pereira's in our squad you would play through the lines, on the deck, allow movement in behind etc

Absolute shitshow

Cuzer

What?

I never thought Dike could fix it on his own. The final nail for Val was Johnstone's hissy fit. That will shape our future more than Dike's hamstring.
First.    Re Dike. MooreThan.  You seriously don't think he was an upgrade on Hugill? We would not do better with a proper striker? I stand by it completely, we threw out a four year plan because the fans moaned, the players don't like it and when we finally landed our no.1 target, we sacked the guy that bought him in and appointed someone that has a softly softly approach.

Second.   Yes. I mention that too, it was a perfect storm of negative events.