We will be better without Livermore
(03-01-2022, 07:16 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 12:24 AM)Jacobthebaggie Wrote: Another defeat and 2 goals conceded while 'better off without him'

Do you genuinely believe the result would have been different had he played?

I genuinely believe we concede less goals with him in the team.
Livermore walks straight back into this team. For all his many limitations, we look worse without him.
(03-01-2022, 10:14 AM)Jacobthebaggie Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 07:16 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 12:24 AM)Jacobthebaggie Wrote: Another defeat and 2 goals conceded while 'better off without him'

Do you genuinely believe the result would have been different had he played?

I genuinely believe we concede less goals with him in the team.

One clean sheet in seven before his latest red card.
Since his suspension we've gone from the meanest defence in the division to conceding 2 a game.
(03-01-2022, 10:26 AM)Jacobthebaggie Wrote: Since his suspension we've gone from the meanest defence in the division to conceding 2 a game.

Again, one clean sheet in seven pre-suspension.

Hardly watertight.
(03-01-2022, 10:28 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 10:26 AM)Jacobthebaggie Wrote: Since his suspension we've gone from the meanest defence in the division to conceding 2 a game.

Again, one clean sheet in seven pre-suspension.

Hardly watertight.

Yes, but Duffers you're not allowed to point out actual genuine facts on 'ere you should know better. our defence had been starting to leak goals for a good while (and against lower quality teams).
The defensive solidarity is more due to the change in formation rather than Livermore’s absence. The inclusion of Ajayi in a back 2 and the removal of Clarke I’d argue is doing more to damage our solidarity than the absence of the lumbering red card machine.

We now have a midfield that can’t control possession and is putting our defence under pressure, and a pair of CBs who struggle with a modicum of pressure,
The easy answer to the original question is a resounding NO
(03-01-2022, 10:40 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: The defensive solidarity is more due to the change in formation rather than Livermore’s absence. The inclusion of Ajayi in a back 2 and the removal of Clarke I’d argue is doing more to damage our solidarity than the absence of the lumbering red card machine.

We now have a midfield that can’t control possession and is putting our defence under pressure, and a pair of CBs who struggle with a modicum of pressure,

Nail on head. Quite why we changed so dramatically from a system that worked I will never know.
We’d be better without Livermore if we had a midfielder who was better than Livermore. We don’t.

Personally for all his faults he at least puts his shift in and comes over genuinely like he’s doing his best, his best sadly seems to involve getting sent off quite a lot.

I’m more disturbed by Mowatt who is genuinely lazy.