Johnstone
I started a similar thread about Bond starting above SJ and got slated...….we have competition for the No.1 jersey...why not use it?
(02-02-2019, 05:42 PM)Brunty Wrote: Johnstones shot stopping is a weakness IMO.

Bollocks. 

It's the rest of his game that let's him down. 

What planet are you on?
(02-02-2019, 07:35 PM)Banbury Baggie Wrote: I started a similar thread about Bond starting above SJ and got slated...….we have competition for the No.1 jersey...why not use it?

I'm just awaiting for people to come on and remind me of my opinion of SJ.

I think he has got better, but today wasn't one of his more memorable performances.
(02-02-2019, 07:35 PM)Banbury Baggie Wrote: I started a similar thread about Bond starting above SJ and got slated...….we have competition for the No.1 jersey...why not use it?

Spot on drop SJ for a few games may just focus his mind abit Bond seems more than capable of stepping up.
I got slated for saying the same.

They are both good keepers but In my honest opinion Bond looks more assured. I suppose its always difficult for a manager dropping your number one, especially after paying £6.5 mil for them.
(02-02-2019, 07:48 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:

Bollocks. 

What planet are you on?

We'll have to agree to disagree Pidge.

For me he lets too many long ranged efforts go past him and I thought he should have done better for the goals today. He's the poorest goalkeeper we've had for some time IMO. If Foster was in goal still we'd be top two.
(02-02-2019, 10:20 PM)Brunty Wrote:

Bollocks. 

What planet are you on?

For me he lets too many long ranged efforts go past him and I thought he should have done better for the goals today. He's the poorest goalkeeper we've had for some time IMO. If Foster was in goal still we'd be top two.

Granted I've not seen the replay yet but for me his shot stopping has been superb. 

I agree re Foster.

Bollocks. 

What planet are you on?

Agreed, his close range reaction saves are good but very very suspect with anything from distance imho
(02-02-2019, 10:32 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:

Bollocks. 

What planet are you on?

Agreed, his close range reaction saves are good but very very suspect with anything from distance imho

I haven't seen the goals again (in truth I don't want to), but I thought he could have done better with the second.

When I consider a keeper, I think of the number of points he has gained for us. I can't think of too many times when SJ has won us the game, this season. If he had saved the second, for example, I think we would have seen the game out. It would have been a brilliant save - but that's what I expect an expensive keeper to do.
(02-02-2019, 10:41 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 10:32 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:

Bollocks. 

What planet are you on?

I haven't seen the goals again (in truth I don't want to), but I thought he could have done better with the second.

When I consider a keeper, I think of the number of points he has gained for us. I can't think of too many times when SJ has won us the game, this season. If he had saved the second, for example, I think we would have seen the game out. It would have been a brilliant save - but that's what I expect an expensive keeper to do.
A good keeper should be worth 10-12pts a season but not only saves shots etc but also organises his back 4 who mark's who what players are free who's behind our man on the ball generally sees where the danger is forming, I don't think SJ does this well enough if at all yet, it may well come in time as he is still young but we needed an experienced keeper once Foster left.