The post match thread.
No pant wetting but would be worth sometimes changing our formation when you need something to happen rather than changing 2 out of the 3 forward players.
(10-01-2021, 09:27 PM)HLS Wrote: Stoke were excellent. Bad day at the office for us. I still enjoyed watching the game despite the result. The players have done well after 11 games and always given it their all so no backlash from me. Players deserve a rest and hopefully we'll have learned something from tonight.

COYB.

I wouldn't class Stoke as excellent but they did a job, without doubt. The minus points were our forward balls that were either overhit or just straight to a Stoke player. OK, their positioning may have a fair bit to do with that but it seemed that not one of our balls down the wings were hit with the right pace or Hugill failed to hold it up when it came centrally. The subs didn't work either as Grady got pushed off it each time he had the ball and Phillips isn't a central target man and is not looking to be the fix in the box. 

Just one of those you have to take on the chin, I think.
VI not happy. Said Stoke were the better team and we deserved nothing.
(10-01-2021, 09:16 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Absolute wank.

That’s about it to be honest.

Great anal-ysis!!
Almost a free hit tonight. Still at an average of 2 points per game, if we are still averaging that after 46 games I pretty sure we will be promoted.

Poor tonight and Stoke were good, but in this league this can happen, it's how you respond to setbacks that defines you.

What I would say is that I have this nagging doubt that we dont have enough quality for a promotion side, a nagging doubt because results so far suggest that isn't the case, however performances like tonight play to those doubts.
We had a bad day at the office. I get that. It happens. The biggest concern for me is the managers reluctance to change formation when things clearly aren't right in the game. When he brought off the hapless Hugill why did he not stick Molumby on to help stiffen the midfield which was getting continually overrun? His only option each game seems to be to swap a couple of the forward players and stick to the same formation.
(10-01-2021, 09:53 PM)carlito baggie Wrote: No pant wetting but would be worth sometimes changing our formation when you need something to happen rather than changing 2 out of the 3 forward players.

We could have swapped Hugil for Mulumby at half time.
I was out this evening so didn't have the 'pleasure' of seeing this. However by all accounts we were woeful, but in the Champ if you aint on it you get done. Simple. I seem to recall several woeful performances in our last season in this division, some of those against sides much worse than Stoke are this season. Anyway, I will certainly accept a defeat every 11 games over the season.
We were poor and deserved to lose. That’s going to happen across a 46 game season, but I do think it’s fair to raise some concerns that the manager completely refuses to adapt or react to things that are happening in front of his eyes. It was completely obvious tonight we were getting bossed in midfield, they were playing through us with ease and we were lucky it took them so long to score. Whether it’s because we were tired, Stoke brilliant or just having an off night, for god sake at least try something different. We needed that extra man in midfield and it wouldn’t hurt trying something different to swing the momentum.

People are quick to shoot down those putting a negative spin on things because of the league position but sometimes you need to look beyond the results, and so far performances have been a mixed bag.
what happened to the match fred?