The post match thread.
Tongue 
Take some deep breaths, clear your head and give a measured response on a poor night.
For the ratings you can give Johnstone an 8, Ajayi a 6 and basically everyone else 4 or below
Nope - defeats are unacceptable - we must win the league by winning every game 5-0 with opposing teams having no shots on target
Poor all round, maybe the 3 games in a week at the tempo we try to play at had a bearing on it. I thought defensively we created the chances for them with our decision making and panicking.One of those days.
Just a bad night. No need for major changes. Players who have been excellent in previous games were very poor tonight - they won't have bad games all the time. Just a blip for me.

Val had to use subs, but I think Grant was better suited to tonight's game than Grady, so that sub wasn't great imo. Phillips for Hugil- well who else was he going to turn to. A striker would definitely help us...
Shit happens. It's not pant-wetting to see say we were dire and deserved to get spanked on this particular evening. It is pant wetting to say that this will define the rest of our season and that promotion is a write off, just as its ridiculous to make any far-reaching claims based on a single result. The lads looked knackered from Tuesday, nothing stuck and we were second to everything. Such is football, we'll probably win the next game 3-0 Big Grin
Poor performance, not the first this season but the first where we actually deserved to lose.

Clarke being on the bench is a boost, international break has come at a good time and hopefully we can get him fit for Blues. Townsend has played well (bar tonight) at centre half but we need him at left wing back to create chances and Clarke probably wouldn't have been caught out as much tonight.
(10-01-2021, 09:06 PM)HugeHons Wrote: Poor all round, maybe the 3 games in a week at the tempo we try to play at had a bearing on it. I thought defensively we created the chances for them with our decision making and panicking.One of those days.

Spot on. There has to be a reason behind our general sloppiness and utter lack of precision, and your first sentence probably contains part of the answer. Hugill's inability to control the ball tonight perhaps demoralised the team to some extent, as we just had no cohesion and could build no momentum in their half.
STOP IT! You’re all being too sensible.
Ditto to all above.
Johnstone - Premier League player by miles

Phillips/Livermore loads of Premier League experience.

Furlong, Bartley, Ajayi, Townsend, Reach, Mowatt, Robinson, Grant, Diaganna, Hugill, Molomby - played all their careers in the Championship or lower.

We expect too much of the players when you look at this.