Reading - possible 9 point deduction
(09-21-2021, 02:04 PM)baggy1 Wrote: It does put our position into sharp focus with trying to live to our means. As painful as it is, especially when we have wasted so much, it really is the only way to operate. I'm expecting us to win the Champions League by 2050 by being the last man standing - HRK scoring the winner against the newly formed Aston Blue Wanderers in the 97th minute from a Matty Phillips cross and recording the record for being the slowest break from the half way line in history.

If the ice caps continue to melt at the current rate we could well win the English league by default by having the highest ground above sea level….but as it’s Albion we’ll actually be coming second to Buxton United!
(09-21-2021, 09:18 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Last away game of season at Reading. Would be a shame to send them down  Big Grin

Snow expected in May??
(09-21-2021, 02:04 PM)baggy1 Wrote: It does put our position into sharp focus with trying to live to our means. As painful as it is, especially when we have wasted so much, it really is the only way to operate. I'm expecting us to win the Champions League by 2050 by being the last man standing - HRK scoring the winner against the newly formed Aston Blue Wanderers in the 97th minute from a Matty Phillips cross and recording the record for being the slowest break from the half way line in history.
Cue a double celebration as the club announce they have, at last, paid the final instalment on Karlan Grant's fee.
Is there a list of clubs making a loss for consecutive seasons?

Top Ten in Alan 'Fluff' Freeman style Big Grin

Amazing how all these clubs are fined once the cheque for Greasy Jack has cleared Rolleyes
(09-21-2021, 09:18 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Last away game of season at Reading. Would be a shame to send them down  Big Grin

I don't feel any kind of resentment for Reading but then again I don't really feel anything at all. They've always been a bit of a non-entity really, just a thing you might want to do if you want to get a football fix with your nipper one weekend. I must know a couple of dozen people who either have or have had season tickets and only one was actually a Reading fan from the area. Would prefer to see them stay up in case we don't go up just because it's nice and local.
I just know our visit to Reading will end in a miserable defeat, even if they are relegated by Xmas and transfer embargos dictate they have to play their Under 9s. The trains will probably be on half service and pubs won't serve away fans. Well, just going on previous experience anyway.
(09-22-2021, 10:17 AM)Pipkins Wrote: Is there a list of clubs making a loss for consecutive seasons?

Top Ten in Alan 'Fluff' Freeman style Big Grin

Amazing how all these clubs are fined once the cheque for Greasy Jack has cleared Rolleyes

The answer is most of them.

Take a look at Swiss Ramble on twitter. He reviews all accounts when published, and has some great stats in those reviews.
(09-22-2021, 10:53 AM)Tom Joad Wrote: I just know our visit to Reading will end in a miserable defeat, even if they are relegated by Xmas and transfer embargos dictate they have to play their Under 9s. The trains will probably be on half service and pubs won't serve away fans. Well, just going on previous experience anyway.

We won on our last visit there

(09-22-2021, 10:23 AM)Fido Wrote:

I don't feel any kind of resentment for Reading but then again I don't really feel anything at all. They've always been a bit of a non-entity really, just a thing you might want to do if you want to get a football fix with your nipper one weekend. I must know a couple of dozen people who either have or have had season tickets and only one was actually a Reading fan from the area. Would prefer to see them stay up in case we don't go up just because it's nice and local.

True. Most of those I know who had ST at the Mad Stad were Liverpool fans going to watch their local team. Only one I know who still has one is a Spurs fan. Readings crowds shot up from 6k to 24k. And have now sunk back to around 11k, despite having some of the cheapest tickets in the country.
Brighton a very similar club.