Diagne
(07-10-2021, 03:59 PM)Squid Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 03:37 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 03:06 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 02:58 PM)Dumbo Wrote: We’ve bid for him according to some Turkish rag.

I’m still of the opinion he’d score bucket loads in the Chump. Not sure he’d fit in well with Big Val’s style though?

Val has given the club a profile for each position and therefore, if we have put a bid in for Diange, he must fit that profile. 

The same re Bartley, if we sell him this window, it will be more to do with him not fitting the Val profile for a CB. than losing him for nothing 12 months later.

Agree. Also interesting that we have been linked to that massive unit at Bristol City, Djediou (sp), so that would suggest that Val wants a big target man. Diagne is a massive improvement on him.

Now him, I would be interested. He's been their best player on their last two visits to the Hawthorns.

Decent enough player, but I think we need better than him to lead the line for us.  As long as he was coming in with another striker, then he’d be a decent replacement for HRK IMO.
(07-10-2021, 04:10 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 03:59 PM)Squid Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 03:37 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 03:06 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 02:58 PM)Dumbo Wrote: We’ve bid for him according to some Turkish rag.

I’m still of the opinion he’d score bucket loads in the Chump. Not sure he’d fit in well with Big Val’s style though?

Val has given the club a profile for each position and therefore, if we have put a bid in for Diange, he must fit that profile. 

The same re Bartley, if we sell him this window, it will be more to do with him not fitting the Val profile for a CB. than losing him for nothing 12 months later.

Agree. Also interesting that we have been linked to that massive unit at Bristol City, Djediou (sp), so that would suggest that Val wants a big target man. Diagne is a massive improvement on him.

Now him, I would be interested. He's been their best player on their last two visits to the Hawthorns.

Decent enough player, but I think we need better than him to lead the line for us.  As long as he was coming in with another striker, then he’d be a decent replacement for HRK IMO.

Him and Woodrow would be fantastic.
That Sooty biff on Twitter says we’re not in.

Admittedly im inclined to dismiss him as a bullshitter.
(07-10-2021, 05:04 PM)Duffers Wrote: That Sooty biff on Twitter says we’re not in.

Admittedly im inclined to dismiss him as a bullshitter.

Snooty seems reasonably correct on things.

I'd also add that the Diagne story has come from the Turkish media outlet which claimed Grosicki was in Turkey arranging a move, when he wasn't.
It’s a no from me.
(07-10-2021, 05:04 PM)Duffers Wrote: That Sooty biff on Twitter says we’re not in.

Admittedly tim inclined to dismiss him as a bullshitter.

Proper full of shit that fella .
Works from guess work and nothing else
(07-10-2021, 06:24 PM)Crossbar11 Wrote:

Correct. 

One of those….‘can’t say any names’ type jobbies.
(07-10-2021, 06:45 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 06:24 PM)Crossbar11 Wrote:

Correct. 

One of those….‘can’t say any names’ type jobbies.

That’s every ITK numpty
If he was 5 years younger, I'd definitely be up for signing him permanently, but after a promising start, I thought he deteriorated. I'd like to think we could get better value for our money elsewhere, and perhaps someone with a bit of sell on value.
Mistake if we buy him.