Diagne
We’ve bid for him according to some Turkish rag.

I’m still of the opinion he’d score bucket loads in the Chump. Not sure he’d fit in well with Big Val’s style though?
Definitely.
I dunno, he chased a fair bit down and held the ball up well so I imagine he’d be a decent option for VI…

Not sure about his attitude given how he essentially downed tools last season as soon as we were relegated.

We had an agreed price of £4m should we go down so I’d hope we’re trying to negotiate that down!
(07-10-2021, 02:58 PM)Dumbo Wrote: We’ve bid for him according to some Turkish rag.

I’m still of the opinion he’d score bucket loads in the Chump. Not sure he’d fit in well with Big Val’s style though?

Val has given the club a profile for each position and therefore, if we have put a bid in for Diange, he must fit that profile. 

The same re Bartley, if we sell him this window, it will be more to do with him not fitting the Val profile for a CB. than losing him for nothing 12 months later.
I told you I’ll be back
We've offered 5 million euros, they apparently want 7.
I’m of the view that he didn’t do enough to make me desperate to keep him.

Goals aren’t any bigger in the Championship and his finishing was poor.
(07-10-2021, 03:06 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 02:58 PM)Dumbo Wrote: We’ve bid for him according to some Turkish rag.

Val has given the club a profile for each position and therefore, if we have put a bid in for Diange, he must fit that profile. 

The same re Bartley, if we sell him this window, it will be more to do with him not fitting the Val profile for a CB. than losing him for nothing 12 months later.

Agree. Also interesting that we have been linked to that massive unit at Bristol City, Djediou (sp), so that would suggest that Val wants a big target man. Diagne is a massive improvement on him.
(07-10-2021, 03:29 PM)Duffers Wrote: I’m of the view that he didn’t do enough to make me desperate to keep him.

Goals aren’t any bigger in the Championship and his finishing was poor.

Goals may not be bigger but there is no VAR. 

Loves an offside goal that lad.
(07-10-2021, 03:07 PM)Psalm23 Wrote: We've offered  5 million euros, they apparently want 7.

I don’t think he’s worth 5, let alone 7… move on.

We’d get Woodrow for much less than 5 given his contract situation, and he’s younger and knows VI’s set up.
(07-10-2021, 03:37 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 03:06 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

Agree. Also interesting that we have been linked to that massive unit at Bristol City, Djediou (sp), so that would suggest that Val wants a big target man. Diagne is a massive improvement on him.

Now him, I would be interested. He's been their best player on their last two visits to the Hawthorns.