SJ
(07-08-2021, 11:15 AM)baggy1 Wrote: I love a good attempt at a wind up, they do brighten up the day. But I am in no way falling for the fact that Elvis will only be given 15 minutes as a comeback after returning from fighting, Avenger style, around the universe for the last 40 years.

The clue was his cape and it was there all along hiding in plain sight ypou idiots!!!!!

And he would have to quarantine as well, FFS.
(07-08-2021, 11:14 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 11:10 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 11:05 AM)Duffers Wrote: Probably worth remembering that Pickford saved a penalty in the last shootout we faced in 2018.

Such is Southgate's attention to detail it wouldn't surprise me if he's looked in minute detail at the record of Pickford v Ramsdale and Johnstone at penalties and the one who comes out on top being brought on as a 120th minute sub if the same goes the whole distance.

I don’t think so, if you had three experienced keepers then maybe but Johnstone and Ramsdale have one cap between them and absolutely no experience of playing in such an occasion or atmosphere.

Bringing them on for penalties would absolutely shred them.
Isn't there a rumour that Pickford is in our first 5 penalty takers anyway? So unlikely to take him off.
(07-08-2021, 11:13 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
baggiebloke Wrote:Not a chance of removing Pickfords.

If Southgate tried, it would cause a truckload of trouble.

[Image: biggrin.png]
Pickford has to be in goal for the final.
I would have liked him to have saved the goal last night, but it was a brilliant strike. Bit of swerve and dip, blinded by the wall and Pickford's not a giant. All resulted in the goal.
Goalkeepers height should never be an issue. IMO Gordon Banks (our greatest) wasn't a six footer. Pure athleticism makes up for a couple of missing inches.
(07-08-2021, 01:08 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Pickford has to be in goal for the final.
I would have liked him to have saved the goal last night, but it was a brilliant strike. Bit of swerve and dip, blinded by the wall and Pickford's not a giant. All resulted in the goal.
Goalkeepers height should never be an issue. IMO Gordon Banks (our greatest) wasn't a six footer. Pure athleticism makes up for a couple of missing inches.
A philosophy that has served me well!!
(07-08-2021, 10:56 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Not a chance of removing Pickfords.

Top Arf Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(07-08-2021, 01:23 PM)DemonicBaggie Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 01:08 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Pickford has to be in goal for the final.
A philosophy that has served me well!!
Smile
I'm similar, but sadly lack the athleticism
(07-08-2021, 11:38 AM)BaggieTom89 Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 11:14 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 11:10 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 11:05 AM)Duffers Wrote: Probably worth remembering that Pickford saved a penalty in the last shootout we faced in 2018.

Such is Southgate's attention to detail it wouldn't surprise me if he's looked in minute detail at the record of Pickford v Ramsdale and Johnstone at penalties and the one who comes out on top being brought on as a 120th minute sub if the same goes the whole distance.

I don’t think so, if you had three experienced keepers then maybe but Johnstone and Ramsdale have one cap between them and absolutely no experience of playing in such an occasion or atmosphere.

Bringing them on for penalties would absolutely shred them.
Isn't there a rumour that Pickford is in our first 5 penalty takers anyway? So unlikely to take him off.

To be fair, it doesn't have to be Pickford that is substituted. Also, having now just thought about, does a team have to use the "match" keeper for the shoot-out? Could not, say, the centre forward go in goal for that instead?
Where does he rank in our list of best keepers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExqBKoQwMlI

Banks was 6ft or maybe 6 1, depending on what sites you look. He also played at a time when people were smaller, so he was like a 6 3 keeper now.
Back in the 70s there were plenty of keepers only around the 5 10 mark like Alex Stepney, Paul Cooper, John Burridge, Kevin Keelan.
I recall from my soccer album how enormous Joe Corrigan was compared to the rest- think he was given 6ft 5.

I saw him at Dublin airport about 20 years ago and he was huge for sure.