SJ
For the final?

Pickford not convincing yesterday. 

Poor kicking 
I’m sure SJ would have saved that free kick.
Need GK to provide confidence for the defence and the rest of the team.

I know it’s his 1st goal conceded yesterday but he’s the only one who I worry about especially if it ends in penalties.
Not a chance of removing Pickfords.
So for the biggest match in 55 years you’re proposing removing the keeper who has played the entire tournament (and the one before) and conceded just one goal with a player who has only played once, a friendly at that?

Hmmmm…..
There's about as much chance of Johnstone being picked in front of a fit Pickford as there is of Elvis Presley arriving on a spaceship to do a comeback at half time in the final.

Pickford has had a good tournament and had a bit of a wobble yesterday, but we're all entitled to an off day.

The only thing I would say is I'd prefer Johnstone if it comes down to pens. Pickford is quite short for a modern keeper, 6ft just I believe, although some sites give him 6 1.

Sam is a good pen stopper and at 6 3 or so cuts a more imposing figure in a shootout. The Italian keeper looked huge at the shootout the other night, and sure that helped give them the edge over Spain.
Probably worth remembering that Pickford saved a penalty in the last shootout we faced in 2018.
(07-08-2021, 11:05 AM)Duffers Wrote: Probably worth remembering that Pickford saved a penalty in the last shootout we faced in 2018.

Such is Southgate's attention to detail it wouldn't surprise me if he's looked in minute detail at the record of Pickford v Ramsdale and Johnstone at penalties and the one who comes out on top being brought on as a 120th minute sub if the same goes the whole distance.
baggiebloke Wrote:Not a chance of removing Pickfords.

If Southgate tried, it would cause a truckload of trouble.
(07-08-2021, 11:10 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 11:05 AM)Duffers Wrote: Probably worth remembering that Pickford saved a penalty in the last shootout we faced in 2018.

Such is Southgate's attention to detail it wouldn't surprise me if he's looked in minute detail at the record of Pickford v Ramsdale and Johnstone at penalties and the one who comes out on top being brought on as a 120th minute sub if the same goes the whole distance.

I don’t think so, if you had three experienced keepers then maybe but Johnstone and Ramsdale have one cap between them and absolutely no experience of playing in such an occasion or atmosphere.

Bringing them on for penalties would absolutely shred them.
I love a good attempt at a wind up, they do brighten up the day. But I am in no way falling for the fact that Elvis will only be given 15 minutes as a comeback after returning from fighting, Avenger style, around the universe for the last 40 years.

The clue was his cape and it was there all along hiding in plain sight ypou idiots!!!!!
The only way Johnstone is starting the next game is if Pickford is injured, and that's the only reason why Johnstone should start the next game.