Relegation : Then and now
(05-09-2021, 08:40 PM)hudds Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:38 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Welcome back DK, how's life under Whiskey Nose 2, I'm guessing if the fans were in he may have got a bit of flack this season?

Cuzer

Flak.

tIT
Feel the complete opposite this time round DK.

The Pulis relegation should never have happened, the squad we had had enough ability and experience to have avoided the drop, but due to indecision upstairs and Tony’s greed we’d been consigned to a wholly avoidable relegation. I was also concerned... our squad as ageing, we had a reputation for paying very hefty wages to players who’d been here quite some time and it felt like we needed to completely rebuild.

This time relegation was entirely expected, but I feel we’re better placed to return than last time. This relegation feels more akin to the Mowbray and Megson times when it feels like it’s something we have to do, but we have some players who will be better for the experience. Only time will tell if my confidence is well placed or not, but I’m already excited for next season far more than this one... oh, and having no VAR helps no end!
Dreamkiller Wrote:It's been a while since I started a thread on here, and as a now infrequent poster, I probably need to reintroduce myself as a Stoke supporter to avoid confusion for newer members. 

Just thinking back to when we both got relegated three years ago, and I remember feeling really numb after our relegation was confirmed following defeat at home to Palace. It was very much like a death in the family. I was on here a lot at the time, and from memory I got the impression Albion fans felt very similar. 

Given that this was your first season back, and you were always up against it, I was wondering how you felt now. Obviously relegation is upsetting, but is there the same level of disappointment or numbness that you probably felt last time, or is it easier to take this time round?

Much easier as we hardly ever looked like we could stay up despite improved recent performances and results.

Not being there has meant a real disconnection so the season has been very weird.

Very much looking forward to being at the shrine next season and watching the mighty Albion live again whatever division we are in.
No tears from me I know we had to go up because of COVID, but for me this season has been a total right off. But needed for the money alone. Already looking forward to next season getting back in the ground following our team and Manager whoever it is. Role on August.
(05-09-2021, 08:43 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:38 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Welcome back DK, how's life under Whiskey Nose 2, I'm guessing if the fans were in he may have got a bit of flack this season?

Cuzer

Flak.

tIT

Die brust. 

Es is wer the fuggin word flak abbreviationwurst ist kommen.

FLAK!! Mein Gott.  Dumbkopff ponnerjungen
(05-09-2021, 08:46 PM)hudds Wrote:

Cuzer

Flak.

tIT

Die brust. 

Big Grin  Maybe he meant the ex Cardiff and Exeter stalwart?
(05-09-2021, 08:48 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:46 PM)hudds Wrote:

Cuzer

Flak.

tIT

Die brust. 

Big Grin  Maybe he meant the ex Cardiff and Exeter stalwart?

Indubitably, mein junge.
(05-09-2021, 08:42 PM)hudds Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:41 PM)keef Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:31 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:28 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:19 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: It's been a while since I started a thread on here, and as a now infrequent poster, I probably need to reintroduce myself as a Stoke supporter to avoid confusion for newer members. 

Just thinking back to when we both got relegated three years ago, and I remember feeling really numb after our relegation was confirmed following defeat at home to Palace. It was very much like a death in the family. I was on here a lot at the time, and from memory I got the impression Albion fans felt very similar. 

Given that this was your first season back, and you were always up against it, I was wondering how you felt now. Obviously relegation is upsetting, but is there the same level of disappointment or numbness that you probably felt last time, or is it easier to take this time round?

Fuck off you Stoke cunt.

Bit needless.
thats putting it mildly i hope they have conversed in the past and they understand each other if not totaly out of order
Whoooooooooosh.  FFS!!!
Hmmmmm.

Disappointing.
(05-09-2021, 08:51 PM)keef Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:42 PM)hudds Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:41 PM)keef Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:31 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:28 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: Fuck off you Stoke cunt.

Bit needless.
thats putting it mildly i hope they have conversed in the past and they understand each other if not totaly out of order
Whoooooooooosh.  FFS!!!
Big Grin